Not sure what to do.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Here's my story. Was on amitryptyline for 20 years doctor swapped me straight over to mirtazapine with no taper. I've been on mirtazapine now 9 months and all it's done is cause me problems. Saw my doctor this morning and she wants me to stop the mirtazapine and go back on amitryptyline. I could function on amitryptyline but on mirtazapine I can't. I really don't know what to do for the best as reinstating something 9 months this later is a long time. Tried different medications but amitryptyline was the only one I could tolorate. Has anyone else come off mirtazapine and straight on to amitryptyline. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gumbert, why did she take you off amit? 20 years is a long time am wondering if this is the reason.
  • Posted

Why did your GP swap, if you were doing fine on amitriptyline?

Why does she now feel it legit to swap you back?

This sounds like incompetence or gross negligence. I would be considering changing GPs but not before lodging a formal complaint and possibly threatening a lawsuit.

Nobody should be switched without taper from an antidepressant after 20 years.

These quacks need to be named & shamed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.