Not sure what to do for now..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just received my blood test results which were normal, but my urine sample they tested, said I had UTI. And I have to wait for later to pick up my antibiotics medicine, I'm cramping a bit for now, but I was wondering what are some home remedies I can try for now until I pick my medicine up for later? I'm really worried about being too sick from it since I looked up the symptoms it can give you and I'm panicking a bit. I'm in my 20s and this is the first time I'm experiencing this. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

no need to panic. When you look things up they always give worst case scenarios. You will be fine when you start the antibiotics.

while you are waiting, drink plenty of fresh water , That helps flush out some of the bacteria.vitamin C is also helpful.

Don’t take any home remedies unless you ask your doctor first. Some things can interfere with the antibiotics.

stay away from reading too much online. Most of it will not pertain to you and UTIs are generally clear up well after antibiotic treatment. You’ll be OK!

• Edited

Hi Sammy, I had UTI before and I wouldn't look up the symptoms if I were you, yeah having UTI is definitely really scary, since it gives you the nausea, fatigue, vomiting, back pain and cramps, once you start taking the antibiotics that your doctor sent to you, it should clear up in about a week and you should be perfectly fine. Just try not to stress about it too much. Hope you feel better soon though! Also, it's pretty common, especially in women so it happens sometimes, but there is usually home remedies and antibiotics to solve that problem quickly. Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.