Not sure whats wrong with me (shortness of breath, reoccurring UTI, pain in penis)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 22 year male and this is my 5th episode of a UTI within a less than 2 year period. I never had any history of sexual activity.  I was born with severe hypospadias and a urethrocutaneous fistula with residual chordae. They've given me multiple antibiotics but the infection keeps coming back with symptoms getting worse every episode. Lately I've been having shortness of breath, pain in my penis area, and pain in places like my lower back a couple weeks ago. They did urine tests and a kidney ultrasound and it looks normal from last week. My previous episode that I had I was getting chills, nausea, confusion, and sometimes getting impaired memory. Does anyone know what might be going on? My primary care doctor says that a UTI is not life threatening and I can't die from it so I shouldn't worry about it. However with these symptoms lately its been impacting my everyday activities. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I just want to add that whenever I drink liquids,I have the urge to urinate frequently 4-5x within 2 hours even though I urinated everything out the first hour of drinking liquids. 
  • Posted

Hello Justin-- first, change this doctor. Second, have you checked your PH urine acid-- if it is to acidic that is a big problem and could be caused by diet, hormonal changes , vitamins, supplements and so forth..--.and it will  take a long time to get back to normal, especially if you don't alter your diet or change things  -- and compare your life style now to prior to your two years when you did not have this recurrent infection. Stupid doctors who say something like that--

• Posted

I don't know where you live but I had an infection which was bacterial and the medics did not find any

bugs in my urine but I did have an infection.  UTi's are a very complex issue. The bugs can be walled off as per an eminent doctor in USA.  As a kid I had TB but was resitant to that. In 1978    I had to have a chest xray because I was a subaqua enthusiast. The xray revealed my lungs showed a previous TB infection and in 2016 I had a private Quantiferon gold test ( blood test for anitbodies) which was positive.  Although a person can be resistant to TB the bacteria can re emerge at any time during their life. I was prescribed a month of Septrin which seemed to eliminate my symptoms but the infection came back with a vengeance 2 weeks later then I was prescribed a week of Ciprofloxacin at full strength. I saw that Mimms directed that a month of that drug can be taken provided there is no side effects. This months course warked for me but my guts were bad on the last three days so I took Metronidazoiole which kills yeast infections such as C Diff.        I have been without any symptoms for about 10 months now.

I would suggest though to any one with what they think is an infection to see a doctor who knows what procedure will  get you better. If you see  doctor/s who does not know what to do avoid them and get someone who is  experienced in the problem you have.........   There are believe me so called urologists who simply do not have enough cocum to do the necessary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.