Not sure where I stand ..??

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've had tons of doctor visits and seems pshyc and stuff. This Thursday I finally get to see a naturopathic doctor. But here is were I stand my md says it's not OCD that it may be borderline personality disorder and my pshyc said it could be OCD. So I've never had this issue before this only started happening when I came off keto diet or stopped my lexapro or lorazepam after being on the for a week and half. But my problem is I devolved this thing where I get these horrible thoughts like o am I gonna throw this hot water in someone's face or scared of my sister stabbing me after watching or hearing a horror story or I worry to much if I will get better and how long will it take. Only way I make myself feel better is knowing there something exciting coming up to look forward to or just looking forward to something ! Am I on the path of devolping ocd or is this my brain playing tricks with all the changes going on

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds to me like OCD because OCD triggers bad intrusive thoughts that you wouldn’t act on but they’re repeating in your head and it feels realistic but it’s not. Obviously you wouldn’t do that to your sister nor would she do that to you. It’s all a mind game, you just need to accept the thoughts and they  go away. Don’t be afraid of them or react to them or they will become bigger. Act like they don’t bother you, this could just be a phase for you because your body is going through some changes. Good luck, hope you get better soon! 
  • Posted

Thank you Nicole! Like i said this just started 2 months ago. And I find I worry to much or if my mood dramatically changes I get these thoughts. My md tells me it's not OCD and could be personality disorder. But this is why I'm good to see a naturopathic doctor and really find out what's going on. It's obv something if I just started feeling like this haha. But least I've learned from a therapy book that these are just thoughts !

• Posted

I totally understand where you’re coming from, my anxiety started randomly in January and lately I’ve been having intrusive thoughts that won’t go away. Hopefully it’s just a phase or seasonal! I feel like if you had personality disorder, you would of had it majority of your life not just randomly start now? That doesn’t really make sense to me. 
  • Posted

Yeah thanks Nicole! I'll find out more Thursday when I go for tests

• Posted

I have also had thoughts like that but mine were more of an urge to do it. Like throw something down or take off running or something crazy for no reason at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.