Not too sure what is up with my gut.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello 21M, I have been suffering with gut problems for the last 5 months now and i can't quite understand what's going on.

In order not to have a lengthy post, I'm going to just post my symptoms.

Symptoms:

1. My main symptom is bloating (Mild) and the urge to go to the toilet (even if I don't have to). Whenever I'm somewhere that i feel uncomfortable thats when they happen the most. Both symptoms come and go (depending on the day, mood)

2)No diarrhea or constipation (maybe once or twice for both of them in the last 5 months)

2. If I consider it a "flair up" I've had one maybe like 3 times in 5 months.
  3. (Continuation of 1)I feel it's also tied to my anxiety and social anxiety when I'm out and I dont have a bathroom near. Whenever I'm relaxed and not have much on my mind while being outside I have no problems at all(not that I have many otherwise).
  4. Some days feel completely normal, some worse
  5. I have been to 2 different gastroenterologists and both told me it's from stress and my eating habits.
  6. I've tried to eat more fiber, completely cut dairy and gluten stuff with little to no difference (both for 2 weeks), the only difference for me was when I stopped eating less gluten and thus I was just a little less bloated (symptoms still happened). Take out food doesn't really change anything.
  7. Probiotics like kefir have helped with my bloating. Also quite recently i discovered that imodium completely stops my bloating but i get a little constipated.
  8. All of these have been happening for 4-5 months now with on and off symptoms.
  9. I did notice some acid reflux and heartburn few times.

Thanks for reading and for every possible answer. 😃

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

also forgot to say that i very rarely have any pain.

• Posted

This happened to me as well. What I did was eliminate certain foods and see what happens, process of elimination. Are you drinking soy milk or eating soy products ? Soy definitely gives me bloating. Try apple cider vinegar with the mother or Metamucil with plenty of water. Try that and let us know. Good Luck !

• Posted

Hello, as far as i know I'm not eating a lot of soy products or any at all! However thanks for the suggestions,they are definitely worth trying!😊

• Posted

Almost same case with me. I don't have acid reflux or heart burn though.

I will need to look into Kefir for myself.

By the way, did you try looking at mastic gum?

• Posted

Acid reflux and heartburns only happened a couple of times when i ate certain chips.I haven't tried mastic gun yet because i dont like the taste of it haha, but i guess i try it, thanks.Kefir most likely will help you, what are your symptoms?

• Posted

With me it is bloating, and uncomfortable feeling in the left part ( mainly stomach ). Feeling of movements and sounds within. Sometimes a bit pain at a point just below the ribs. How much would you rate Kefir on a scale of 10 for solving your problem?

• Posted

It hasn't solved my problem but it helps a lot with bloating! On a scale of 1-10, I'd say 6. It does calm your stomach down.

• Posted

A certified dietition or nutritionist can put you on a proper diet.

• Posted

Thanks for the answer, so you think its what i eat thats causing me these issues and it's not something like IBS or IBD?

• Posted

I'm having sort of a similar issue. I've been feeling bloated and crampy after eating lately. But no other symptoms, no heartburn and no diarrhea or anything else. Can't figure out what it is, but I've been putting off going to the Dr until I get better insurance in January lol.

I tried a super bland diet and that seems to help, been avoiding tomatoes, spicy foods, and fried foods. I notice I do feel better and less bloated/crampy when not eating those.

• Posted

Sounds like IBS which can be triggered by certain foods or stress. Has IBS been mentioned?

• Posted

Not at all. I've been told that mainly mild bloating and change in bowel movements isn't enough to be considered IBS. It's probably some type of food.However, I could be wrong.

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary? Keep going back to your doctor.

• Posted

I used to have one way back in summer but I've stopped since then. I'm going to schedule an appointment soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.