Not understanding

Posted , 1 user is following.

went to the gyn and got checked everything came back negative is this some sort of skin condition ?imageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi karina,

Are you referring to the small black patch on your perineum? It's probably a benign pigmented naevus. If you notice it change in character- e.g. increase in size, starting to hurt or itch, or bleeds or ulcerates you should see a dermatologist. You've now got a photo of it, so save this and use as a 'baseline' to reference any suspected changes if it starts to misbehave.

Adhari

• Posted

Oh wow, thanks ! I was referring to the white patch like area on my perineum and that dry patch spot .But now I will be keeping on eye out for the pigmented area.

• Posted

White dryish patch is lichenification- have you been scratching or irritating this area; e.g. from thrush or friction from running, jogging?

• Posted

No I usually dont scratch it but sometimes I pick at it the skin cause I observe the area

• Posted

Turns out I have eczema down there !they have prescribed me Clobetasol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.