Not understanding blood test numbers

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone tell me how bad these numbers really are.  I've been walking more, trying to eat lots of veggies and lean meats.  Will be going for another test soon.  Really hoping I've dropped these some over the last three months.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My numbers didn't show...I'll try again

Tri.  2.15

chlosteral 6.7

HDL 1.5

non HDL 5.1

LDL 4.2

• Posted

Hello Sharon did the doc said you have high cholesterol? If you do they will tell you and normally go through the result with you at least that's what we do here in the U.S. and regular exercise is always good.im not sure about the numbers as mine it says something like ccholesterol level 100-199 normal range.

• Posted

They said my good cholesterol was high, but when I look, I think my bad is too.  I said I didn't want meds right away, I wanted to try improving the numbers.  I was dealing with another health issue more serious at the time...so I think she as fineeeing what I can do.  I'll have another appointment soon,

• Posted

Hello Sharon

It's possible that the stress of your other issue may be the cause of high cholesterol. It doesn't look like the Hdl is that high to go on statins straight away.

• Posted

Hi Ger..thank you for taking the time to reply.  I also was thinking the stress I was under might be partly to cause because six months before my numbers were good.  I had about a two month period where I was out of the country and couldn't really seek medical help, but I was very worried about my symptoms..  these numbers were the day I returned to Canada done with a series of blood work..  I've been really watching my diet and trying hard to get a good walk in 5-6 times a week.  I've lost about four lbs this summer, not a lot...but some.  I'm not too much over weight...maybe 10-12 lbs.  my other health issue has been looked after abdall is good, so I'm presently feeling great.  I guess stress is bad for us in many ways. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.