Not very serious but this is really effecting my mood

Posted , 5 users are following.

So lately I have just been a usual person around my age just playing some games like overwatch and such, but im not here to complain about losing in a game, im here to complain about losing at my entire life.  I feel every action I do is either wrong or will mess up something for someone else, online things that happen just start mixing up with real life building stress and annoying me.  My only escape is video games which has starting to be doing the same thing, making me feel like im useless.  For anyone who know what im talking about up next is that in team based games I feel like an anvil on the ship, and for no reason at all I get this feeling that in everything I do in game has some kind of disadvantage such as somehow taking more damage than the enemy is or I fall over easier than the enemy does.  Basically real life and my only escape, video games, have both been really annoying me keeping me up at night constantly thinking of things.  Back onto me feeling like I will fail at everything, I sometimes keep myself awake in bed for at least 2 hours straight with the thought in my head of how much I will fail when im a full adult, the amount of stress and responsibility just crushes me and makes me feel like im going to be homeless or dead in my future.  I just really need some kind of help on this because I am terrible at responsibilities so when I think of having a job in the future I doubt I will have anything very good because my most recent year in school I barely made it out with passing grades (which made up of a ton of C's D's and a few F's) and now it's going to be my first year in high school soon, I know high school counts a lot to my future and what kind of college or job I could get which whenever I think of it I just think im going to fail at high school and then once again end up homeless or dead. I really need some kind of way of explaining why I feel like this and any way to make it better, also any people who come on to reply with something like "Baby" or "Lol" really go knock yourself out, have fun typing away trying to insult me but I am one of the rare few people in the world that don't get their emotions crushed by words.  Anyway, to those who are willing to tell me something helpful about this please tell me something that could help me know how to make this better.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello lovey.....try not to get too upset. Many people feel the same at your age....

Have you told your parents ? Teacher ? Friends ? Or anyone else just how you feel....

Please lovey, it would be well worth a visit to you doctor for a check up....show them what you have written here.,..it is clear. Concise and explains how you feel extremely well.

It sounds as though you are suffering from depression...( very, very comments at your age lovey..)

Have you got a school councillor ? That you could confide in....

Please, please talk to someone about how low you feel...it helps just talking, you will be reassured that this is quite normal at this age...

BUT !! Because it is affecting you so badly, you really need some help....it is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about...so please lovey ...talk openly to someone as soon as you possibly can....and please keep in touch.....heartfelt wishes to you....take care...xxx

• Posted

hey, i know how you are feeling zap, I didnt realize it was depression or was thinking of anything that serious until I was a senior so you kind of have a head start.  Also, you have alot of time to make mistakes, find what works for you, and do something that won't make you feel so useless (making music, or art, or writing etc).  You will not go thorugh with the first thing you decide to pick for a career, so i suggest to go outside and just ask around about jobs.  Because the earlier you can get that first job out of the way the better.  With me, I was hired at lowes to push carts, and I have MDD and Social Anxiety so I would never tell my boss i made a mistake because i was scared to to talk to him.  Yeah it did not end so well, after several months i get fired BUT the good thing is, now I realize that communication is key into keeping a job.  Yeah it was a very scary lesson for me to learn because i was shaking, sweating, and scared once he fired me.  But if he didnt fire me I would not have become motivated enough to go back to school. So I would say worrying at this stage is a good and a bad thing in your case.  Oh and btw part-time jobs kinda expect teens to be fired or to quit lol.  But yeah, idk what you said you wanted to do as a career or what your dream was, but getting those grades will help you alot.  But if your constant worrying is getting so bad to the point that you are skipping school, or family get togethers alot, then you should probably see a doctor.  But at this stage, I wouldnt worry that much unless it gets out of hand, and to avoid that get out of your head as often as you can.  Reading, studying, cooking, working, games, something that makes you feel something.  Sorry about the essay

• Posted

My gosh. So sorry you're suffering like this. Seems like you have some pretty bad anxiety, and possibly some paranoia too? I'm not a healthcare professional, but I've heard/seen/read about this stuff so many times.

Do you have any contact with doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist, counselor? Gave you told your parents?

Time to get some help and nip this in the bud while you're young xxx

• Posted

How old are you Zapcat ?

Talk to your Form Master and Parents about your concerns, you seem to be spendinga great deal of time playing games on the pc etc. Could it be the games and contents are feeding a depression and you need to take advice for your GP.

You are starting High School so you are entering another phase in your life and you need to now consider this new pathway as studies will get more progressive and eventually lead up to your Examinations and future work.

I would possibly imagine your parents may be beginning to push as you enter this different phase in your life. If the games you playing make you feel negative in any way look for a different game with more positive encounters.

You are entering a new phase in your life, run with that and run with games just enough to relax your mood

• Posted

What a lot of people can't understand is parents don't always care or may not want you to see anyone because of their image. I tried to kill my self at age 18. My mother after seeing I was ok told everyone in the family not to mention this outside of the house to anybody. She felt ashamd about what her friends would think. Only years later I got help on my on. If this is your case please don't drop i. Find someone to listen and grt help. This is very important. My life could have been different if she would have gotten me some help.

• Posted

I had a real nasty family and I was basically looked after by a Surrogate family who looked after me and catered for my needs. My Mother had turned around and said at ten years old I was dropped like a stone and lived on my own wits, I think this was done as I failed my eleven plus.

She admitted all of above to my wife before we broke away from the whole sorry mess of a family I was sixty years old and I should have left a long time sooner. Kids are messed up by their Parents and they are messed up by theres, I feel that is why we had no kids of my own

• Posted

I had a real nasty family and I was basically looked after by a Surrogate family who looked after me and catered for my needs. My Mother had turned around and said at ten years old I was dropped like a stone and lived on my own wits, I think this was done as I failed my eleven plus.

She admitted all of above to my wife before we broke away from the whole sorry mess of a family I was sixty years old and I should have left a long time sooner. Kids are messed up by their Parents and they are messed up by theres, I feel that is why we had no kids of my own

• Posted

You're so right Barbara ?? I was 14 when I first tried to kill myself. My mum, for fear of losing me to social services, told me to tell doctors it was a silly mistake and I wouldn't do it again,this resulted in me receiving no follow up!!! Everything was swept under the carpet and family spoke about me like I had 'a chip on my shoulder's ??

Find help now, any way you can, I am 35 and still suffering periodically. It could've been different if I'd had help then, when I was so impressionable.

• Posted

With my attempt all I remember was being in A and E having some conversations with a very tired Juniour Doctor and been on the bus home when I had recovered. I also remember the Crisis Team who visited me in the afternoon.

I will not put my Wife through that concern again. It really effects trust after the act

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.