not working

Posted , 6 users are following.

iv been on these now for 3 weeks and has a strict diet and exersice .. n iv put 3 pound on .. really not happy i feel so low dont no what else to do .. i have a small bowl of cornflakes in a morning .. sardeines salard for lunce ... n a propper tea  .. have totlay changed the way i eat and nothing .. plz help .. 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Are you sticking to the 5 grams of fat per 100 grams and no more than 15 grams per meal.
  • Posted

yes i am hun im lucky if im consuming 200 kcals a day 
    • Posted

You need t eat about 1400 calories a day other wise your body will go in to starvation mode and store everything it physically can. I've been doing no more than 1500 calories a day and about 15-20 grams of fat in the whole day and I've lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks. People have found using the my fitness pal app a real help to monitor how much they are eating.
    • Posted

Cornflakes and milk are more than 200 calories!!! Maybe use my fitness pal app and calorie count too. I stuck to 1200 calories a day.

Also most sardines are over 5g of fat per 100g so u maybe need to make sure you're adding your fat up right!

If you are eating less fat and calories than your body needs you will loose.

• Posted

the thing is ... i dont feel hungry and im really trying .. ill get the app thing and see if that helps thanx guys 
  • Posted

iv just signed up and filled the app in and it said i should gain 4 lbs by 5rd of may i dont want to gain .... aghhhh 
    • Posted

That telling you your calorie consumption is too high!!
  • Posted

Hi, I think probably you are not working out your calories and fat properly and are eating more fat than you think even though the meals you are having appear to be hardly anything. How much cereal are you having, r u having skimmed milk, any sugar? Sardines are good for you but a really oily fish, r u having any dressing on the salad? These are the things you need to look at. For breakfast, if you go with cornflakes measure it out by having just one mug full and pour that into a bowl and then add a mug of skimmed milk and just a teaspoon of sugar. Or try almond milk as that is naturally sweeter than milk and very low fat. Then eat nothing but fruit or rice cakes if you need anything mid morning. The salad is an excellent idea for lunch but try tuna instead of sardines, and only tuna in brine or water, or chicken breast (no skin). And only have fat free salad dressing or fresh lemon juice squeezed over with a bit of salt n pepper. Again, fruit or a fat free yoghurt mid afternoon or rice cakes. You say a normal dinner but can I ask what a normal dinner is? I have pasta, rice, jacket potato - all sorts - but never any sauces unless I make it myself out of extra low fat philadelphia and only lean meat, grilled or oven baked. You need to stick to around 1400 calories per day and each meal must be no more than 15g of fat and the breakdown of that fat is no more than 5g of fat per 100g of any single thing you are eating. You need to log every single thing that passes your lips including drinks. The only drinks that you don't need to worry about are black coffee, black tea, herbal teas, water, sugar free squash and diet fizzy drinks. On a positive note, this can happen. Lots of people have not noticed a loss in their first few weeks and I think it can be for all sorts of reasons, but with you it does sound like you are not quite calculating correctly. I hope this helps, good luck.
  • Posted

if you need motivation too a few of us are of MyFitnessPal too, I don't mind you adding me if you want for a bit of help and motivation xx
  • Posted

You are probably not eating any fat ? Orlistat stops absorption of some of the fats in your food
    • Posted

But if she wasn't eating any fat the weight would be dropping off!! She said she has barley 200 calories a day? When her breakfast was more than 200 calories.

I think so many people count fats and calories wrong. If u burn more than u consume weight will come off.

I lost a stone a month =5 stone using these tablets sticking to 1200 calories a day below 5% fat!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.