Not yellow eyes...but red ones!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had an attack last week and in the last 7 days I have had constant vertigo. Whether that’s related To GB don’t know but I think it is. Since it never happened before...but weirdly yesterday my eyes began to look

Bloodshot and now they’re red, quite  red in fact. Not itchy, but I’m

Nervous just the same. ER trip will cost me $250 and I just paid it last week, not eager to do that again 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Vertigo - room spinning feeling? If yes,I got that only once when my stomach was severely bloated and if I don't get rid of the gas and when I did ultrasound I found I have gallstones.

In addition to that I have kind of permanent imbalance and dis orientation when walking in office halls ,malls etc and while looking left and right and crowded places.Do you have a non working gb or gallstones? I have both gastritis, non working gb intially and now gallstones.

• Posted

My doc thinks non-working Gb. HIDA scheduled 4/19. But ultrasound and CAT scan showed no stones but I had yellow poop, floating stools, nagging  pain right side and and back, by shoulder blade, etc., and I’ve had vertigo since the day that the pain eased up. A week now. Just awful! I’m convinced they’re tied together because I had never once had vertigo prior. 
  • Posted

I have bouts of vertigo at the end of January, sending me to ER. Then at the end of February, I had a gall bladder attack, while on vacation in Florida, again sending me to ER I didn’t experience any vertigo at that time. I’m scheduled to have gb removed this Wednesday. I asked my doctor if there could be a connection and he said no. I got over my vertigo by doing the exercises where you get the calcium deposits back where they belong. Personally,  I think there is a connection but can’t be sure. I hope you get relief soon! 
    • Posted

Good luck at surgery! Thankful you’re almost there yay! Yep my vertigo followed my first bad attack. Sucks so bad, I feel

Dizzy and shaky and garbage-y. See? My GB is so bad it has me making up words 🤗 haha sorry, bad jokes are my coping mechanism 

• Posted

My surgeon also says no, but I had only one episode of vertigo in this span of 8 years, but it did resolve after some days on it's own, but I have a blurred vision and difficulty focusing..What were your symptoms with gallbladder attack apart from pain and do you have stones or non working gb?

• Posted

Mindy - did you feel room is spinning?- that is classic vertigo. But blurred vision, weakness is not vertigo.Also when you move from bright light to dark and vice versa you feel some discomfort and disoriented is not vertigo..but some type of imbalane, this is what I have for a long time since my gb stopped working.
    • Posted

I have stones and non working gb. The episode I had in Florida included pain on right side under rib cage, pain in lower back, nauseous, cold sweats, tingling in hands. My liver enzyme count was extremely elevated. Dr said the symptoms and high  liver count were result of stone blocking bile duct. It passed on its own. Liver count is near normal now.  I haven’t had any real issues since then but I’m being really careful with my food choices. No fatty or fried foods. 
    • Posted

Yes spinning room. Almost like I’m

On a rowboat spinning gently in a circle. It’s very unpleasant. Then if I suddenly look up or down it’s almost like jerky/shaky feeling. Bizarre and hard to explain; but I hope it’s GB related. I joined a Gallbladder group on Facebook and it seems somewhat common, despite docs saying it has no relation. 

My doc blames my anemia but I’ve been anemic for years on and off and this hasn’t ever occurred before. 

• Posted

Biliary you and I have very similar symptoms I think.

No excruciating pain, just a nagging dull pain right side and itngoes up into my shoulder blade at times. I have a dry mouth/thirsty feeling which is weird to feel, despite not being dehydrated. Tired, etc but I’m religiously eating properly for the GB issue. HIDA scan on 4/19 thank goodness! I want this out. 

• Posted

Please do post how do you feel after surgery .it really helps other folks who are suffering.
    • Posted

especially for the room spinning, there are few therapy exercises which will fix the ear crystal. But the other symptoms like jerky/shaky,bizzare  hard to explain  ones are not vertigo. Let me explain mine since my gallbladder stopped working.Some may not be due to gallbladder as i work 10 hours in front of my system also.

1)blurred vision.

2)Feeling spaced out in large malls and big hall ways.

3) Can't able to see backlight of the car at night driving as it is too bright.

4) Bright lights really makes uncomfortable to look

5)Moving from dark area to bright light and vice versa gives kind of discomfort

6)Talking one to one conversation looking at the other person face -Focusing

7)Other object moving feeling - especially when i try to stop the vehicle in signal and when look other cars .

8) difficult to concentrate in a crowded area.

9)Sometimes pass out feeling 

let me know if you have these kind of weird symptoms.

• Posted

I posted on here about my surgery today. I opened a new discussion so that everyone can read it. It's titled "Just got home from having gall bladder removed".

• Posted

I do have that feeling off “I am gonna faint” when I stand up, or sometimes when carrying my heavy toddler. I also have gotten a prescription for meclazine to treat the vertigo but it doesn’t help too much. I’m

So sick of the dizzy feeling, I am managing the rest by eating very very low fat, but I screwed up and ate vegetable soup too fast and instantly bloated up, burping and gassy, swollen tummy, the whole thing. Took couple hours to expel the gas and get close to normal and then the pain upper right side came back with a vengeance. 

So prayerful that my HIDA scan next week gets some answers. I can’t even sleep, anxiety and pain mixed with this weird, excess saliva, nasal drip feeling. 

• Posted

I’ve had dry eyes since my gallbladder issues started. They are especially red in the morning upon waking. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.