Nothing helps

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi can one if you lovely ladies tell me if you have found steroids and creams don't help the soreness with linchen Planus of the volvua I'm fed up of keep going back to see my dermatologist and done get anything that actually works

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My sister got that, she had some sort of steroid cream from her doctor and it cleared up within 6 weeks. she used full strength for 4 weeks, then two weeks at half and two weeks at less than that.

I will email her and see if she can remember what it was called. It was about 2 years ago so she might have to find out. But I will get back with the answer when she gets back to me.

• Posted

i use tacrolimus clobetasol and diprosone. and i bath in dead sea salt 3 times a week . it gives me SOME relief i feel it helps me about 2 weeks out of each month im ok at least its better than agony !

• Posted

Hi I suffered for years and tried many steroid creams in the end I only washed with sanex or dermal and applied hydromol cream day and night .I found this relieved most of the soreness and just applied a small amount of a steroid just inside when It flared up . this was the best way of controlling it for me .I rarely have a flare up now

• Posted

Hi Gillian, My sister got back to me but does not remember what the cream was called. She's away at the moment and will be back at the end of the month. She said she will contact her doctors and see if she can find out for you.

Just aside. LP isn't supposed to be a genetical 'thing' but my eldest sister had OLP for 3 years (about 6 years ago) before it cleared. The next one had VLP (2 years ago) she got cleared of that pretty quckly. And I have now got OLP!We do not live near each other and only meet up about 3 times a year (girly weekends) so it's not a case of infection, but the fact that 3 sisters have all developed LP at some time makes one wonder! Oooh, just thought....all of us suffering from it around age 64 yrs. mmmmmm mmmm My middle sister and I have Coeliac disease too. So perhaps a predispostion to auto-immune problems.

• Posted

That's interesting you all have had this problem I don't know of anyone in my family with it my 4 sister's seen ok I'm 63 it started when I was 60 and isn't going away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.