Nothing seems to work for me! HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i have been suffering from HS for 5 years now. It comes and go especially when it's almost the time of the month then it'll be the worse!! I cant even wear any tops or dresses that i want cause this thing is smelly and it's big! it leaves dark marks on my armpits!! But still, i am clueless about it and just got to the know scientific name of it, of this disease. I need recommendations on what deodorant that is suitable for this condition? and how do you remove underarm hair, cause i know shaving is a no-no? is waxing okay for this conditon? are there any solutions to get rid of this? sad  i saw some home remedies and tried coconut oil but it didnt work for me. Helppp!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your frustration is well known by me. I have a few tips that will help you get it under control and eventually out of your life. 

First off you need to start using a Chlorhexadine Gluconate solution 4% with 4% isopropyl alcohol. This can be found at pharmacies under the brand names hepacleanse, Stanhexadine, etc. These are usually died red and are a cleanser that you should use each time you shower, twice a day is good. You will notice that the area will no longer have the sensitive feeling and the boils will stop creating themselves under the skin surface. 

For boils that are existing you need to use bactrobane, or mupirocin, as a topicle antibiotic. You may need to couple this with a oral antibiotic as well. Warm clothes a few times a day can help bring the boil to the surface as well. The boils must complete there cycle and drain. Tea tree oil on the warm cloth is also helpful. I find also that putting some isopropyl alcohal on a make-up pad and holding on the boil helps to reduce the inflammation a lot. 

Now for boils that seem to come back or lumps that you can feel under the skin... you need to get these removed. A cyst or boil left untreated is a boil you will end up getting again. 

• Posted

Thank you so much for this! I am still researching on things about this, turned out to be that i am not alone in this!! i am having two new ones now on my armpits and it hurts so bad!! and again, thanksss! i shall try these and at least now i know on how to clean it properly! And as for deodorants do you have any recommendations?
    • Posted

I use spray deodorants only. Axe is my go to.  You will notice that once you start washing with the cleanser your arm pits will have no scent at all, this solution kills the bacteria that smells on the first place. I can literally have a crazy workout and you can’t smell my shirt at all 
  • Posted

I'm effected in a different area but I've heard people using scented panty liners on the armpits of the clothing I'm so sorry your suffering Huni x

• Posted

There is no way I could use any other deodorant other than mineral salts (crystal) deodorant due to itching. Now I use Vanicream, available on Amazon, because it works a little better.

Have you seen a dermatologist yet? I have, and many of the symptoms you described went away, including 1. bad odor. 2. I shave. 3. I don't use any particular home remedies or diet, and my Derm. PA/MD have done everything they can to give me best medical advice, this is a clinic that does surgery for cancer as well as treatments like hair removal, so they IMHO have a strong relationship with women and their needs.

So bottom line: Vanicream, crystal deodorant.  You didn't say itching but I had that so bad, I couldn't use anything!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.