Noticed pink/fresh blood on toilet paper, not had periods over 9 years

Posted , 4 users are following.

i'm 55 years old, my periods stopped over 9 years ago, past 3 weeks have noticed a light pink stain on toilet paper when been to the toilet for a wee, then yesterday opened my bowels and fresh red blood was on the loo roll and in the toilet. i also have a heavy dull ache down below like period pains,

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Possibly Hemorrhoids. You should see a doctor for sure.

• Posted

You may have torn a haemorrhoid inside the rectum, or a polyp. If you've been constipated at all recently, this is quite a common occurrence. Bright light coloured blood is not so worrying as dark or black stools. Best get it checked out quickly to be safe but I'm sure you'll find it something not life threatening.

• Posted

hi loxie thank you for replying. The blood wasn't from my back passage, I'd had that checked out last year

• Posted

If you are on HRT, it could be a"break through" which is annoying but not serious.

I had many when on HRT and under stress.

It is difficult to know the source, so insert a mini tampon into vagina for-a-few-hours-and-if-no-pink-on-it-it-is-likely-it-is-coming-from the-bladder.

Appt-with-GP-is needed,

good luck

• Posted

It could be coming from the kidneys, bladder, or be a UTI. There wold be pain involved from any of those. It also could be a kidney stone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.