Notification of performance measurement visit

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

My Cousin received a notification of performance measures letter saying that they want to visit him Monday at home

Please can somebody explain what this is and what it is for?

Thank you

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mick,

It's a benefits check. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Can you explain what it is for and why it has happened to him he is a little worried
    • Posted

It's purely a benefits check to check he's claiming what he should be and nothing else. There's no need to worry. If it was anything else the letter would state a compliance interview and it doesn't. A performance measures check is completely different. Tell him to sleep well tonight and not lose any sleep over it.

• Posted

This was copied and pasted from the direct . gov website.

A Performance Measurement review officer may visit you if you’re claiming:Employment and Support Allowance

Housing Benefit

Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

Pension Credit

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Universal Credit

Your name is selected at random to be checked. You’ll get a letter in advance telling you about the visit.

Check their identity

You can check the identity of the Performance Measurement review officer by:

What to expect

The officer will interview you in your home and will want to see 2 forms of identification.

You can reschedule the visit if you need to.

They’ll also ask to see documents about money, savings and rent, for example:

payslips

bank, building society or Post Office accounts

rent book or tenancy agreement

benefits and tax credit awards

Visits usually last up to an hour but may be longer.

• Posted

Thank you Denise, he thought it was because he’d put in and been awarded Carers allowance starting 9th July so he phoned the number on the letter and asked what it was about and the person who will be doing it said nothing to worry about just to make sure your getting right benefits and his name was picked out of a hat

He worries especially about DWP and his money is concerned thats all

• Posted

No worries. I'm not sure why he thought it would have been anything to do with Carers allowance. Google is a great place to put in any questions, 9 times out of 10 you'll get an answer somewhere on the internet.

• Posted

I think it was because he’d just put in for it and all of a sudden he got this letter so worried him
    • Posted

It will be just a coincidence. The person he spoke is correct, it's random the people they do these checks on and his name has been chosen.

• Posted

Ok Denise thank you I will let him know and tell him not to worry
    • Posted

Hi Denise

Just thought I would take the time to let you know that the DWP rep turned up as arranged

He asked many questions checked bank statement and rent and the like asked who he cared for so he’s had to give my name asked he’s girlfriends name asked if he was doing any other paid work and then asked him to sign price of paper which he folded and then he said things would stop as they are he was concerned because he was asking people’s names who weren’t even there

• Posted

Hi,

They usually ask questions about the claimants circumstances, it's a standard procedure for these checks. It wasn't a compliance interview so there's nothing to worry about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.