Notvasc 10 mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

i've been on Norvasc 10mg for about 8 years. I've been complaining to my dr about aches and pains and he says it's fibromyalgia. i also have brown spots at the back of my legs. in addition to the spots about 3 months ago i developed a rash, mostly in the back - the calves and ankles. i have a burning sensation in my legs, worse when sitting or lying down. i'm exhausted from not sleeping. i recently had a venous ultrasound and my veins are healthy. has anyone had adverse effects after taking drug for a long time? my ankles only swell when i'm flying or walk a lot in extreme heat.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Mary,

ive been on Amlodipine for three months now, and ohhhh boy, let me tell you about the calf and knee pain!!! Amlodipine is making my life hell! I'm 40, and just had a baby on dec 22nd. I didnt have bp problem before then.

.A week after delivery my bp shot up to 180/88. So they started me on Amlodipine. As far bp, it's a great drug, it lowered my bp, but the side effects are just too much. My dr wants me to stop it and get on Nifedipine instead. I honestly dont know if i want to try Nifedipine. Nifedipine causes headaches and racing heart beats. All bp meds have side effects, the question is, which one wont cause me a permanent damage in the long run!?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.