Now anxious about meningitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from anxiety, getting headaches and muscle tension in my neck which has got my worried about having something like meningitis but would I know if I have it? I'm mean I'm not throwing up at all ever and I feel really well if not more lively. Also had a blood test about a month ago and all was fine. Can I have some help or advice on this matter please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Alex, sounds like tension in your neck and head. I get that as well from tensing my jaw at night when I sleep and when I get anxious I carry it in my jaw..making it radiate in the adjoining muscles. I was told i have maxilliofacial pain. Maybe you have something like this. Do you find when you are anxious you clench your jaw ? If so, this will cause the headaches and muscle tensions in the head and neck.. stress does alot of wonkey things to our bodies. Xx
  • Posted

You say you have anxiety.  It sounds like health anxiety.  It can be treated, like any other of the anxiety disorders.  (It used to be called "hypochondria" but that was wrongly regarded as an insult).     
  • Posted

you would know you have meningitis a doctor would know. There would be no guessing or time for worry about it. A monh has passed since your worries began, you can forget about that fear completlely. Its a LOT more extreme then the symptoms you noted. Headaches, muscle tnsion..tmj even  would aall be froom stress and anxiety and clenching or grinding your teeth. A soft (not hard) mouthpiece made by a dentist could probably help you with those symptoms. Health anxiety is annoying and when you research this stuff you start making it all fit, but from what you wrote it does not fit and dfinetly a dr. Would know.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Lisa. I guess it's just been the head and neck aches that have been pushing me into thinking it is something more severe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.