Now diagnosed with LP

Posted , 2 users are following.

Having been told i had LS and having treatment for that I have now been told I have Lichen Planus - having biopsy to confirm next month. Does anyone else have this? Was too shocked to ask if I actually had both conditions. Have tried to search LP but there is no site like this one for it. I have symptoms for both so am presuming it is both. Am using paladin and dermovate and instiligel (numbing gel). could do with someone else out there replying if they have both conditions. sad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you have both. I looked on the web as I don' know about LP, but it seems it can go away not like LS. I typed in ,support groups for lichen planus. The first one on the search looks promising. Sorry I can,t help more, I sure you will get other replys. Have you tried aromatheropy. I have a luke warm bath every evening with sweet almond oil as a base then a couple of drops of the essential oils. Really settles my skin. You really need to get a paper back on the subject befor you try. Some essential oils are really good for the skin but you need to know how to use them. They say it helps the immune system as well! Good luck. x
  • Posted

Hi there, thanks for your reply - haven't tried aromatherapy but will research it. Have now had date for biopsy - March - so bit of a wait to find out if both. So thankful for your reply. Take care.
  • Posted

Hi, Let us know how your biopsy goes. I don't know where you live but my biopsy was a local injection on the area to be taken. Then they use like punch to take a piece of skin, no stitches!. I am suprised at some of the posting about having stitches. Hope yours goes well. x
  • Posted

Hi, am having to go to theatre for mine but still being done under local. Have had one last year in clinic, think i had 2 stitches then. Can't say i'm looking forward to it! Have been on other site for L.P. Thanks Keep smiling.
  • Posted

Hallo GBS

I have to undergo general anaesthetic soon to confirm vaginal lichen planus and vulval lichen sclerosus. I am in no doubt that i have both as i have symptoms to prove. also oral lichen planus. It took two years to get this far with the medics. I find the disease incredible. i believe it an auto immune disease so we have no control over it really apart from the use of steroid cream. also find it very helpful to get advice from the other women on this forum who obviously are much more informed than the medical profession. Keep in touch. if i can answer any questions i will try. main thing is to keep in touch and do not isolate yourself. like you i have both conditions. let us help eachother by keeping in touch and keeping one another informed. i have got so much helpful advice on this forum from a woman called Cym. Women like Cym are so kind and caring.

• Posted

I have just been diagnosed with LS today sad i had 3 biopsies done in december last year, which i found to be a horrendous experience! I am very sore even as i type, and need to wait till next week for my creams etc to be ready to collect from gp, i had never heard of LS until today, so feel confused and upset about it all. I have read alot of the posts and found them useful, although the whole thing frightens me. I just don`t feel like myself lately and this is making me feel worse. I am going to keep in touch through this site for support now. I am interested in reading about oral LS, as i am finding my throat and mouth feel effected lately and am worrying incase it is linked to my LS. I look forward to reading any replys, thanks guys and gals xx
  • Posted

Hi jaxfin, it is a big shock when you first find out about ls, and keeping it under control can be an ongoing daily management. Go on to ebay or the **** website and buy some paladin - approx £6.95. It is an amazing cream for many ls sufferers. It's a nappy rash barrier cream from America but it is brill for ls - helps with itching and soreness. Don't know much about oral ls as so far haven't got that. Also, i've just found out about **** - there's a message board on there too for ls. Hope this helps and keep posting.

gbs

[color=red:c456406482][size=9:c456406482][b:c456406482][i:c456406482](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, a postal address and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.) [/i:c456406482][/b:c456406482][/size:c456406482][/color:c456406482]

• Posted

Hallo Jaxfin

Being just diagnosed is a shock. Consider yourself lucky that you found this forum so fast. I left a message for you under your own name,hope it helps. If you have further questions just ask. We have to share our experiences. I know I panicked and obsessed for months out of FEAR AND LACK OF INFORMATION when I was diagnosed verbally. Am awaiting the results of 3 biopsies at present and am in constant pain.

I am trying to get to terms with this disease on a daily basis. Read the message that I sent to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.