Now I've ruined it all, I don't want to do anything about this any more

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've torn it! Why doesn't he leave and go with someone else.i'm damaged stock and deserve no happiness. I want to just stop this hurting, this new counsellor has cut me up and dragged it all back up again. I don't want it to carry on hurting, I can't do this any more. I hate rape, this has torn me apart. I'm not brave enough. How?How do I do this again? Please tell me how? I'm just so scared to start again.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I guess it depends on how badly you want a normal life. It seems to me you have two choices, you either deal with it head on, knowing that it is going to be tough, or you call it quits, get on with life the next you can, may be revisit things when you feel better able to deal/cope with it.

Only you can decide what is best for you.

I wish you luck with whichever option you choose

• Posted

Easier said than done. There's more than me to now consider, my husband has been through enough. Don't want this drag on forever but would like to regain some of my life back. Stuck. Truly.

• Posted

I have got support but unsure at moment as the counsellor I've got is brand new. Just upset at thought of having more help. Will do this to make life easier though. My choice though.

• Posted

When you say brand new is it that they are newly qualified? Or that haven't worked with that particular person?

It can take time to learn to trust, esp when it is a very difficult subject matter that you will be talking about.

Maybe you could e plots options with the counsellor, so that they have something in place , if you don't gel? A back up plan?

You should be so proud of yourselves, you have come this far and now you are facing a massive hurdle, but you what, you gave a husnand and friends who are here to support you and help ove thus next difficult phase!

You never know, you may end up helping other people?

Good luck

• Posted

This person is new. She knows that I have PTSD already, as when I went for the assessment I was really clear what I wanted from them. Once they receive rape crisis' notes we'll pick up from there. I would like to feel a bit better just this is easier to cope with. I will get there even if there men go back to court.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.