Now in my 8th week and still short of breath. Please help!

Posted , 13 users are following.

I became ill on easter sunday with headache from sunday to thursday, started to feel really ill, nauseous, abdominal pains, no appetite. By the following week i started to feel tight chested and i could feel phlegm deep down on chest but couldn't bring up. I have been in contact with drs and have managed to stay out of hospital. They prescribed Carbocistene and i am on cyclizine as they make me feel nauseous as well as inhalers and nasal spray. Although i am 55 i was previously only taking thyoxine with no other medical health issues. Although my appetite improving i struggle with day to day activities as i'm so tired and still short of breath. I thought i would try stopping carbocistene at weekend and wasn't too bad for first few days but now seems worse. Did go for chest xray today . I 'm feeling so low and desperate and i said to my hubbie could he shoot me and end this misery. I don't understand how Boris went back to work after 2 weeks from being in ICU and its 8 weeks not been in hospital but still suffering. PLEASE HELP!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi Julie, sorry to hear how bad you're feeling. Hang in there. If you read some of the other posts you'll see you're not alone, so many of us are having issues 10 weeks on. It really takes time for some. Hopefully you'll see soon that there is some improvement even if it's small.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply i don't feel on my own now after reading all the posts and their experiences. I think people think that you'll be over it in 2 weeks if you have mild or moderate infection. Thanks again for taking the time to read my post.

• Posted

did you have a cough or fever?

• Posted

i had a fever for one day of 37.8 on the 4th day and then developed not exactly a cough but i was constantly trying to get sputum up that seemed to be deep down on my chest and i was becoming short of breath, couldn't take a really deep breath in as my chest felt tight.

• Posted

Definitely hang in there. Many of us are in our 12/13/14th week or longer.

Can you describe your shortness of breath? What does it feel like?

I'm not sure if I have shortness of breath or not. I can almost feel each breath I take especially in bed trying to sleep, but I don't feel like I'm "short" or "lacking" air. Maybe it's because I'm so anxious that I'm hypersensitive to breathing.

• Posted

As I tried leaving the Carbocistene off for 4 days yesterday i felt my chest really tight and i couldn't take a big breath in. It felt like my lung capacity not at full capacity. I also woke up Wednesday feeling really dizzy and feeling so nauseous. I did wonder whether i was a little hypoxic. I decided then to start taking the carbocistene as i was struggling with daily activities. I have been sleeping on my front but when i've taken meds i sleep quite well. Thanks for your reply its really helpful.

• Edited

Were you actually tested for covid 19 or was it suspected?

• Posted

I wasn't tested between 1 and 4 days as at that time they were just offering it to keyworkers. i did get tested on 20th may which came back negative but that was 7 weeks down the line so i didn't expect a positive result. The docs are 99per cent sure i've had it and i am also due to the symptoms.

• Posted

I just worry that a lot of people could be having other health issues which the doctors are assuming is Covid 19 when it could actually be something else that needs to be treated. When it is available take the antibody test because you may have another health problem that needs to be looked into.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply and yes i will definitely take antibody test when it becomes available.

• Edited

Dear Julie, I have been suggesting a treatment that has been 100% successful for me against flu viruses and chest infections for over 20 years. I think it would work against the corona. It is very simple. It has to do with warming up your body with a sort of artificial temperature. Your body fights viruses with a fever which is simply a temperature increase which viruses cannot survive. Here it is; it's very simple:

1.Drink three glasses of very warm water, not hot enough to burn you but definitely very warm.

2.Immediately after drinking the warm water use a common hair blower to blow warm air onto your face for about 30 minutes.

3.Take deep breaths of the warm air; through your nose, then through your mouth. Change up your breathing pattern. Fill you lungs with the warm air for the 30 minute breathing period.

4.Do this procedure 3 times a day until the symptoms go away.Also stay warm. Keep your home warm. Eat chicken noodle soup and other hearty meals.The last time I used this treatment on myself was March 22, 2020 when I felt a serious case of the flu coming on; headache, chest congestion, etc. Anyway by the second day of treatments I was back to normal which is the exact result I've experienced the past 20 years when fighting off flu viruses. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Rowland Reeves

• Posted

Thanks for your advice. Anything that will help is worth a try.

• Posted

Please let me know if you get any positive results from trying this method. It would really be a thrill if you did. Even if it helped just a relatively few people it would be a step in the right direction. What's so wonderful is that anyone could do it at home. Anyway, thank you for your reply. Hope it works for you as well as it's worked for me over the years. Sincerely, Rowland Reeves

• Posted

I just tried this for the first time, but couldn't breath through my nose when it was hot lol!

• Posted

HRx, Oh, yes the nose can be tough. If you can't breathe in through your nose just breathe in through your mouth and once every few breaths try to breathe out your nose. It's been my experience that by using this hot water / hot air method over a few days my whole respiratory system opens up and then I quickly get back to normal. Just used this method this past March, again with great success, after I felt all the usual flu symptoms, headache, chest congestion, fever, etc. coming on. I was back to normal in two days and the symptoms I had quickly became very mild. Same result that I've gotten the past 20 years.

Before I started using this method twenty years ago I would repeatedly get the flu virus / chest congestion a couple of times each year. Used to miss many work days calling in sick. But from the time I started using this method I never missed another work day due to the flu. Hope it helps you as much as it's helped me. If you have the time please let me know how you are progressing. Best of wishes to you. Sincerely, Rowland Reeves

• Posted

Hello there. I have had symptoms that just keep coming back for more than ten weeks now. I'm very short of breath, can't stop coughing and feel completely wiped out some days. I've just read this and I'm going to try it. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.