Now in my 8th week and still short of breath. Please help!

Posted , 13 users are following.

I became ill on easter sunday with headache from sunday to thursday, started to feel really ill, nauseous, abdominal pains, no appetite. By the following week i started to feel tight chested and i could feel phlegm deep down on chest but couldn't bring up. I have been in contact with drs and have managed to stay out of hospital. They prescribed Carbocistene and i am on cyclizine as they make me feel nauseous as well as inhalers and nasal spray. Although i am 55 i was previously only taking thyoxine with no other medical health issues. Although my appetite improving i struggle with day to day activities as i'm so tired and still short of breath. I thought i would try stopping carbocistene at weekend and wasn't too bad for first few days but now seems worse. Did go for chest xray today . I 'm feeling so low and desperate and i said to my hubbie could he shoot me and end this misery. I don't understand how Boris went back to work after 2 weeks from being in ICU and its 8 weeks not been in hospital but still suffering. PLEASE HELP!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Julie,

Hang in there! I've had the same symptoms and am now week 9 I think (I've lost count!). My shortness of breath is improving now but this happened at week 5 then it got worse again but I'm really hoping this is it now. I'm still having sore throats, headaches and fatigue. A friend of mine has had it also with the same symptoms you're not alone! x I also couldn't understand how Boris went back to work so quick its mental! I've been off since middle of march. 😔

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. It is reassuring to know that I am not alone. I do not think there is enough emotional support for people suffering with the virus. On week 2 when I felt really ill and anxious I phoned 111 but it was so busy I could not get through to anyone so I gave up and decided to phone GP the following day who were very helpful. Maybe we have had a different strain of covid compared to Boris? I do hope that you will feel better soon. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Its so interesting to hear your experiences. Take care.

• Posted

no you are not alone, there is plenty of us, same like you. Just check another discussion created by Res about covid bed ridden over 4 weeks, this is where we all gathered and exchange tips and stories. You are all welcome to join.

• Posted

I was short of breath for many months probably 12 weeks nightmare couldnt walk . Very severe at first. Anyway I am no longer short of breath ,touch wood.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I am feeling better in myself but its my chest at the mo. Tried reducing the Carbocisteine but as soon as I even reduced by 1 tab i noticed a difference and I felt that my chest was getting tighter, and when I breathed in it felt as though I did not have full lung capacity. I had a chest x ray which I wasn't surprised to hear it was normal. Hopefully will get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.