Now my face is twitching!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive never actually been properly diagnosed with Trigeminal nerve pain but after two years of really exasperating face tingling on the left side which progressed to slight pain one doctor said he thought it might be this and put me on Pregabalin. This has given some relief as long as I don't miss doses but I have now been on it for about two years and never been reviewed at all...I've put 20 pounds on in this time sad

When I close my eyes, my left eye never completely closes and I have to sleep on that side to keep it shut. Now I've developed a tic in the left side of my face, it started in the eyelid but I can feel it in my ear and jaw now. It's really getting me down and I kind of feel fobbed off by the doctors.

Thanks for listening, any advice would be gratefully received smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

This sounds very familliar to my experience. I DON'T want to alarm you in any way so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a proper diagnosis from you GP.

This ia anecdotal comment ONLY as I am NOT a doctor and would not presume to try and give you medical advise. OK..now the story.

My problems started almost three years ago with a slight tingle on the left side of my face beside my eye to the side of the ear My GP sent me for a CT scan which showed no problems! About 18 months later I went for an eye test and the operator asked me did I know my left eye would not close or blink.

After many visits to the various medical experts they all scratched heads and said 'try this' all to no avail.

Then the face pain started like electric shocks that started bearable and progressed to extremely crippling. The medicos started the MRI scans that ended up with a PET scan. From that scan they decided there was someing amiss in the PAROTID glaned and did abiopsy. From that they identified it as cancereous.

I ma now scheduled for some major surgery!

PLEASE do not ignore any signs that cannot be identified Chase your GP until you have a POSITIVE DIAGNOSIS. 

I am not in any way suggesting that you have my complaint but the symptoms were so close I thought I would share it with you.

The answers are RESEARCH RESEARCH and don 't be fobbed off by any medical practitioner.

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.