Now my son suffers 😟

Posted , 2 users are following.

So before Christmas i was diagnosed with Chiari Type 2, i got for a EMG on April 9th then i see the nurosergeon the very next day, Like i have said before i suffer from, memory loss, dizziness, excruciating headaches, balance, when i walk my body pulls me to the right, i can't turn my neck, bend over, wash my legs or even shave, get dressed without being crying in pain, but now everything is getting worse for me, the pain is unbelievable, afterbmy diagnosis i requested my children be checked especially my older 2 because 1 my 13 yr old son is in pain constantly from headaches, and my 12 yr old daughter had a bad accident at age 2 and her father was very abuse toward me during my pregnancy, their family docs kept telling me NO, they are fine it's no generic, well my son had such a bad headache we took him into thr hospital where the CT scan showed a Chiari Malformation, now his doctor did request a MRI which is April 30th but he said he isn't worried about it he just wants to check for fluid leak, but asbhe only have type 1 he doesn't wanna do surgery at this age, I was under the impression it was easier to have it done earlier in life. Also they are saying his headaches are not being caused from the chiari, then my doc says i have type 2 but also my symptoms are not stemmed from my Type 2 Malformatsay, but i have NEVER feltbso physically bad ever in my entire life 😟....Any info for be appreciated as i have absolutely NO support.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Heather,

I am so emphasized your issue, the problems is unless you write it down:

1. How you feel

2. How debilitating your situation is

3. It is effecting your quality of life

4. You ask your health care professionals to be aware of what is happening with you and your son and be firm and assertive they just brush you off - caused they have a little knowledge themself - so you must read from this site or google what chiari is all about - lots of doctors have not heard about it.

Would you please  view my post and tell us a story about it  - I need to put a very compelling story for all the chiari patients who are suffering and how this condition effecting them - is that OK if I can use your story in my book?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.