now on 30mg

Posted , 1 user is following.

Took my first dose of 30mg last night, it's gone mid day I'm still in bed, head is empty had all sorts of thoughts last night before in a right state, no energy to get up even though the sun is shining. I assume the increase dose works that quick. Haven't been this relaxed since don't know when. How do you get motivated now.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh yeah, welcome to the club Tina! 30 mg would knock me out until the end of days. I was on 15 mg and it would completely take me out for 10 hrs. 

I am surprised that your doc didnt start you on a lower dose and then go up as needed. But i suppose he/she knows best (insert sarcasm here).

The motivation for me came with my depression fading and getting better. But I also had Wellbutrin in the morning to get me going. Is Mirt the only AD you are taking?

• Posted

Hi Mermaid

I was on citalapram 20mg for ages, wasn't working so got changed over straight away to 15mg mirt, for a fortnight was still bouncing off the walls so it was upped to 30mg first lot last night. The psychiatrist had always planned for me to increase anyway.

Haven't felt this relaxed for goodness know how long, managed toget up been sitting out in the sunshine in my dressing gown. Wow I;ve frogotton how this has felt. hope it isn't a one off. as the first night of 15mg it knocked me out but that was it went back to how I was before. Just hope now I don't end up putting on weight.

How long have you been on mirt. and how long before you noticed the depression lifting?

• Posted

Hi Tina, 

I have been on Mirt for 6 weeks and it worked fairly quickly (a few days). Good sleep makes a huge difference. Instantly.

Because of the weight gain issue I had added Metformin to my meds, to at least not gain more, but since I want to lose weight I have now switched to Trintellix, a very new drug that is pretty much the same as Mirtazapine, but doesnt have the weight gain problem. 

Not many doctors know it and are scared to prescribe it, so if you are interested, you should go online, do some research and do the "leg work" before you suggest it to your doc.

That's what I did (and should probably bill him for the hours spent for his "education")

• Posted

Hi again

I'm on my third week first at 30mg the last two nights I've slept ok, but last night waking up and tossing and turning not a restful sleep. Maybe because I 've got to get up for work and worried I'd overslept. It's now6.30 got a while before I decide to get up. No actual weight gain yet.

Will look into that other drug you mention . Many thanks. Tina

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.