Now stopping after 23 year taking Saroxat / paroxetine

Posted , 2 users are following.

A daily pro biotic drink, whole Almonds around 10 eaten daily has helped with my third attempt to come off of this drug, the awful withdrawals symptoms previously meant I return to the drug the other two times

this time I have not had the dizzy spell, headaches, vivid nightmares or symptoms of deep depression

i have also stopped drinking any form of caffeine and alcohol 

After one month I have gone from 20mg to 10mg 

i take a walk every day whatever the weather and feel great 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Glad to hear you are feeling good.  I just thought I would suggest you slow down a bit in your tapering.  Since you've been on the drug for quite a while and have tried two times to quit without success, you may want to try tapering by 10% of your most recent dose.  I am also in the process of tapering from Paxil and have found a lot of helpful information on another website that has many people who have been trying to come off of their SSRI's.  It seems that the slower you go, the more successful you will be at coming off the meds, and the less withdrawal symptoms you will have.  Good luck to you in the rest of your taper.  I hope things work out for you this timesmile

• Posted

Thanks Jane for your advise I will take heed 

I am mindful I do need to resist the temptation to get off the drug quickly, thank you for the information my second attempt to stop was a year long process using a nutmeg grater to shave a fraction more off my tablet each month before I had to back onto 20mg 

so I think the probiotics and almonds are helping I heard about these helping depression on a radio 2 health discussion and research is showing good results

Good luck with your tapering off of Paxil lovely hearing from you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.