Now That Summer is Coming?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on MXT weekly injection for a couple of months and thus far no major concerns. However, one of the things I read in the patient leaflet was to exercise caution regarding exposure to the sun. I'd be interested to hear what precautions other members take in this respect. I'm not a sun worshipper but I wouldn't think twice about walking around in shorts and t-shirt. Do I now have to be a lot more careful in this respect?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Make sure you put on sunscreen and if your sitting around outside try to sit in the shade.
  • Posted

For sure!!!

Your skin is now classed as being photosensitive. This means your natural protection will not work as before and leave you very likely to burn very quickly. I am a sun worshiper so hate this side effect of Methotrexate, but as far as I’m concerned it’s still worth it to get the drugs benefits. So, what I do is, wear thin long sleeved cotton tops and full leg cotton trousers😞 also before leaving the house I put factor 50.....yes 50 on all exposed skin including tops of ears back of neck etc I carry a bottle of sunscreen everywhere with me and reapply throughout the day. For first time in my life I sit under garden umbrellas and even considering wearing a skip hat now. It is a pain but skin cancer would be a far greater pain so taking zero chances. I’ve never been so white in my life but use Dove holiday sun at night to add a little colour. Hope this helps but please make sure you protect your skin x

• Posted

Thanks, yes getting used to remember to do all of this before setting foot outside the door is certainly 'new'!

• Posted

I know Steve it’s a pain!!! But we do what we got to eh? I’d normally be on lounger in garden right now but watching the rugby instead so not all bad haha good luck mate 👍

• Posted

I’m not sure about this but as I spend a lot of time in Greece and have to put up with mozzy bites as well I take an antihistamine tablet daily when I’m there. I still take the other precautions but it helps a bit with prickly heat .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.