Now what?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Over A year ago by PSA went from .9 to 2.3. 2 months later it was 1.8. 6 months later it was 3.9. I then panicked and had an MRI it showed a small lesion (pirads 3-inconclusive). I had a 4k score test which  showed a psa of 1.8 and a chance of getting cancer in the next 10 years to be only 4%.. In May(1 year past by psa of 2.3) I had my yearly physical with a PSA of 1.7. My Dr said we will check it yearly. All looks good. Now...not sure if this is related but out of the blue on Friday, I had a burning sensation, urgency to pee then pain at the end of my pee with drops of blood. This happened 3 times. I then drank tons of water and cranberry juice and the symptoms went away. I went to urgent care on Sat and the Dr. did not see an infection but gave antibiotics just in case. It is now Mon morning and I seem fine and have had no pain or blood in a couple of days? I only woke up one time to pee last night. If it was prostate cancer would it clear up that quickly? and can I go from a psa of 1.8 a couple of months ago to a cancer that caused those problems? Confused

thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think you are something from Hypocondria 😂. Why do you think you have cancer ?  How old are you ?  

• Posted

Maybe so, I hope it's hypochondria; but the symptoms of pain, blood, urgency to pee are the same as prostate cancer and i did have a fluctuating psa. Would those symptoms go away in a couple days if it was cancer causing them and can it develop from a psa of 1.8 a couple months ago?

• Posted

Well that level of PSA is not a concern at 59.  Mine was 8 then 
  • Posted

Your PSA is pretty low. I don't think it is of any concern at this point. From what I have read, wihen the PSA goes over 4, the doctor may want to do a biopsy. Only the biopsy can tell if you have cancer. But your PSA numbers don't look like anything to worry about. The blood would be something of a worry, but antibiotics should clear up any infection. Annual PSA checks are always a good idea. Try not to worry.

• Posted

Update-I have had absolutely no symptoms for 11 days now and physically feel 100%, but am waiting to see the doctor with results from blood/urine workup. He said these tests are necessary whenever blood occurs. I still have anxiety since the symptoms I had are also symptoms of prostate or bladder cancer. Is the fact that I am completely symptom free since that day a good sign that I don't have an advanced cancer? Thanks. As crazy as it sounds, the anxiety that I might have an advanced cancer is driving me nuts.

• Posted

Word of caution about the 4K test.  My PSA's were as follows:

July 2016   2.29

Oct 2017   3.44  (Which had my urologist thinking about an MRI)

Nov 2017   2.85 (4K test, which showed a 4% chance of cancer, halting the MRI)

Sept 2018  4.68  (MRI came back as Pi Rad 4 lesion, Biopsy scheduled)

The 4K test gave both my Urologist and myself confidence that my PSA was just fluctuating.  IT WAS WRONG!  Do NOT hang your hat on the 4K test.  I cost me a year of possibly stopping what appears to be cancer from spreading. 

• Posted

If you end up with cancer

This is how my story was. My friend was having his prostate removed.he said get a check up.

I had no symptoms  ,only urgency occasionally  & a wee middle of night.so I had check lucky I did.

19-10-15 saw urologist

22-10-15  mri

30-10-15 nuclear full body bone scan

10-11-15ultrasound scan

Prostatic biopsy

1-12-15 result T2 gleason8

11-12-15 decided radical prostactomy

5-2-16 pre opp

9-2-16 radical prostactomy

1-4-16 histology repor It waspsa14.8   4plus 5 

Gleason 9

T2c. No. Mo 

I was 66 year old when had opp  

December I’ll be 69

Every psa since opp 0.005

Only were thin pads

Thank you very much  my surgeon

NK SHARMA 

I now still live life to the full

Still scuba diving🧜🏼?????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.