Now what do I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm sure everyone is sick of my by now, but i just don't know what to do anymore.

I put a post on last night about getting extreme anger on day 10 of mirtazapine & didn't take last nights tablet because i was so scared of how it made me feel.

So now what do i do i'm back at square one & i'm so tired of this horrible depression. I try something it doesn't work so i try something else, then i get bad side effects so i try something else then same again.

When will this ever end sad

Butterfly x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey, no one is sick of you, unfortunately it can take a while to figure out what's best for you. I'm in sorta the same boat tried many meds and I hate them all lol, don't have much advise apart from try keeping yourself bussy with things you like doing and exercise helps a lot. 
  • Posted

Hello Vecta,

Thank you for replying & your kind words. What have you tried? 

• Posted

Citalopram, sertraline, pregabalin, diazapam and mirtazapine, like you said about the mirtazapine I remeber them making me so iratable that I told my friend off for chewing to loud and easily got wound up but it does settle. The withdraws for me wer horrible tho.
  • Posted

Yeah everything was making me so angry so i don't think that will help me in the state i'm already in & if you say coming off is worse just forget it.

I have tried citalopram, trazadone, duloxetine, sertraline, venlaflaxine & mirtazapine. Diazapam help but not for long term use are they, i would like that in an antidepressant.

• Posted

Ye I can see why there addictive because they work so well,  you going to go back to your doc and see what he/she says? The withdraws from mirtazapine where the worst for me but doesn't mean it would do the same to you, everyone reacts difrently that's why meds are so tricky to use, you just don't know what to expect. I'm going to try do my best now to live without them.
    • Posted

Hello I am trying to live without too.  Been a year since I withdrew very slowly from Effexor, but not doing too bad.
  • Posted

are you an angry person or is this a symptom of your illness.  I would keep on the tablets and review in a few months with your doctor.

Rich

• Posted

Hi Rich,

No I'm not an angry person at all & the mirt seemed to make me have extreme anger and rage at nothing but felt could explode. I have stopped them after 10days as each day was getting worse to the point of not going 5 mins withouit wanting to hit someone or throw something. It just changed my personality completely & really scared me.

Butterfly x

• Posted

Hi there.  I am so sorry you are feeling so rotten.  Keep on posting there is no way we are sick of you.  We are here to support each other.  We all need friends.  We all understand how each other feels. 

I have been on lots of different anti depressants over many years.  Some gave me bad side effects.  We have to keep on trying to find the one that suits us best.  I took an anti depressant once, and like you, it made me angry and agressive which is not like me at all.  I don't blame you for not taking another one. 

I know how this makes you feel, this trying to find help with your depression.  All I can say is keep on fighting.  I have been battling this illness for a very long time.  When I found an anti depressant that suited me, things got better.  Don't give up the fight. 

• Posted

Hello Anne,

Thank you for such kind words & such support.

I'm sorry you are suffering too. It is so hard to find anything that helps doesn't it & you just feel like giving up!

Can i ask what you take or have taken & if anything has helped you?

Take Care

Butterfly x

• Posted

Hello.  Last year my doctor suggested I try without an anti depressant.  Perhaps because I have been on them for such a long time and am getting old now, she thought I could see if I could manage without.  Over the years I have sometimes stopped, but the depression always returned.  Longest I went without medication was 6 months.

I was on 150mg Effexor, which suited me very well, but it is a beast to withdraw from.  It took me 10 months to withdraw so I did not get any withdrawal symptoms.  It worked.  I had stopped it cold turkey once before, so I knew what withdrawals were like, and I did not want to experience that again.

Well it is 14 months since I stopped the medication.  So far, not too bad at all.  Early this year I did tummy problems, but I lost 2 and a half stone, which is what I put on with the Effexor.  I have mild anxiety, but not depression, maybe just a blip now and then when I get stressed over something.  So at the moment I am not suffering like you, I am trying to be really positive.  I have had such hellish times when in deep depression.  Took an overdose, was in a psychiatric hospital, lost my job, lost my house as no money, ruined relationship.  But here I am still managing my life.  Been a long struggle.  I am lucky that my daughter has been really supportive.  So much so, that she is training to be a counsellor, and that is hard work for her on top of her busy day job. 

Different anti depressants suit different people.  What suits one may not suit another.  for instance Prozac was the worse drug I ever took, and Effexor the best.  I would not recomment Effexor however because so very difficult to come off.  Doctors do not seem to understand this because on the Effexor site so many people say they cannot come off it because of the bad withdrawal symptoms.

All I can say to you is listen to your doctor/psychiatrist.  You will, I hope, find the anti depressant that is just right for you.

Take care, and keep in touch.  I care so much about other people.

• Posted

Hi anne, I,m sorry to hear of the difficulties that you've had. I agre with you that different antidepressants suit different people. I,too, have been through most of them. I'm currently coming off mirt (slowly) from 45 now down to 15 soon to reduce to 7.5 then hopefully start the descent! Coming off others before is often a blur to me as they were being changed for new ones as they were being deemed not to be working and any symptoms I was having were always put down to part of my illness at the time but looking back now I wonder if some of it may have been wd, who knows.

Well done you for being 14 months with out meds though, thats fantastic and such an achievement smile its what I'm aiming for eventually, but I'll be withdrawing for a while yet as I have other meds to go after this one.

Take care and very best wishes x

• Posted

Nice to hear from you.  Your name sleepless is me today.  Had a speepless night last night and feel very poorly because of it today.  Most nights I manage a few hours, but sometimes hardly sleep at all.  I never have, andnever will take sleeping pills though.

You say you have more than one medication to withdraw from.  That is very brave of you and I do hope all goes well. Will you withdraw one at a time? 

Take care and let me know how it goes

• Posted

Hi anne, nice to hear from you too. I'm sorry you've had a sleepless night and are feeling poorly because of it.

I'm having a rough couple of days too. The sleep isn't too bad but I'm feeling quite sick and extremely lethargic and tired during the day with some tummy problems so finding it difficult to get anything done which is very frustrating.

I'm concentrating on the mirt first and, hopefully, when I'm off that I will start to come off the sertraline then topiramate and finally I will try to tackle the zopiclone which I realize will be hard too. I'm quite prepared for all of this to take quite a while but I've started the process now so I'll keep going for however long it takes. xx

• Posted

Hi there.  I had some very bad tummy problems earlier this year, and do not know what caused them.  It was 5 months after IU withdrew from Effexor.  I did not have any withdrawal symptoms at the time as I took months to withdraw, but perhaps it was a delayed reaction.  An ultra sound scan showed nothing wrong.  I found constant nausea hard to deal with. 

Hope you feel better soon.  I truly admire you withdrawing from multiple drugs. 

Take care

• Posted

Thank you Anne. I'm only going to do one at a time though. It's been a very long road for me to get here, I just felt the time is right now as my circumstances have completely changed and I now feel able to do this.

Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.