Now what do I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone who kindly comments on here. I need some advice. After years of fighting for the support i have desperately needed for so long, i have PTSD through assault and was slowly getting somewhere with my counsellor. But. My family never knew i was having counselling and my sister has just offered me some part time work, which sounds great doesn't it? Except. It means i can't get to my counsellor, because i was seeing her in the afternoon, that's when i am needed in school, where the job is. Now what do i do? It seems easy to everyone else, just ewap counselling service right? Wrong it has taken me months to trust her and i still have nightmares, flashbacks etc. I need to be there, but also need to earn. Changing counsellors isn't going to be easy as i find it really difficult to trust, due to the amount of counsellors that have let me down in the past. I am really stuck, without this support my life is going to feel like shxx! Without a job my sister will wonder why i won't go. Please, please help!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sam

I would suggest to you to phone your Counsellor tell her your feelings and how you need this job, she will see how you are making progress by making decisions for your self and I'm sure she will help you rearrange your appointments, so give it a go.

God bless

John

• Posted

My dear friend,

although i don know you i really feel for your struggle,

just a few months ago i was in exactly the very same situation..

I was stabbed 14 times during a home invasion in july 2014 and i'm still pretty much mentally crippled by the whole ordeal, i never even knew what PTSD was, now i have to live with it i am still so so scared.. Been in therapy and on SSRI's ever since.

Without wasting any more of your time let me get to the bottom line:

first of all, thank you so so much 4your post, it serves as a reminder to all of us that we're not alone,

my point is that no matter what, if you don't look after yourself first, you will be no use to anyone, including your loved ones, also, what we're all going trough is nothing to be ashamed of, and although it might sound selfish, you truly need to think only about what you need at this moment in time, my own humble opinion is that if you're with a good therapist now, absolutely stick with him/her at all costs, i know how difficult it is to find someone who actually cares and listens, so just keep that up and i'm sure nothing bad will come from it.

Your mental health is an absolute priority right now. If you don't take care of that first you'll be of no use to anyone.

My name's david by the way,

please feel free to message me anytime, day or night, even if it's just to say hi or if you feel lonely, it'll help me just as much as it'll help you..

Massive hugs

• Posted

Hi Sam, as what John suggest, you can discuss with your counsellor I believe should be able to resolve. As for myself, I leave to God as God will help me and give me strength to overcome my PTSD.

• Posted

Hi Stella, i am a Catholic which makes this worse as my husband and i have been frowned on more than once as since marriage we haven't had a family. People don't understand, being raped funnily enough makes sex just a little bit tough. God can't stop how i feel. Only i can. My counsellor was helping with this but now i don't know what will happen.

• Posted

Hi john and Dr Mark, i have already spoken to the person who is in charge of the counselling and he is going to speak to my counsellor, for some reason he had it in his head that i wouldn't come later in the day, i explained that that wasn't the case! This man has promised me to do the best he can to help me. I will see how he gets on. I only asked yesterday as this was the only time i could reach him! It's all come up so quickly, it has left me with a dilemma. Thanks for responding, i'll let you know what he says.

• Posted

To the kind people who have responded, just to say i am getting a little worried because i have heard nothing from my counsellor for a few days. I am really worried they're just going to dump me, i can't go through that again! I am scared that's what has happened.

• Posted

To the kind people who have responded, just to say i am getting a little worried because i have heard nothing from my counsellor for a few days. I am really worried they're just going to dump me, i can't go through that again! I am scared that's what has happened.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.