Now what, knee hurting again?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had an arthroscope done about a year ago and plica fixed in my knee. It was great. No pain and all seemed well. Then, in late March I fell directly on that knee. It didn't hurt at the time as I fell on the ground and it was kind of soft. Not frozen anymore and soft from moisture. Well, off and on since then it has hurt a little but not all the time and not badly so I just ignored it and went on. Well, yesterday I decided to try out the eliptical machine. That seemed to do it, my knee started to hurt so I quit. Today, going up and down our stairs to do laundry is making it much worse. Going down is easy, but up really hurts. It hurts on the inside edge of my knee and a little bit directly under the knee cap, but mostly on the edge. What do I do now? Thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest that you go to your A&E department or see your GP first thing in the morning

• Posted

I'm afraid I will have to. It even hurts when not in use. Just lifting my leg up to stretch out on the couch hurt. I notice a slight swelling when my knee is bent,, too.

• Posted

its not nice being in pain you cant think about anything else do go and see your GP asap dont suffer good luck x

• Posted

HI, I agree with Kathleen, you need to explore the damage you've done. From experience you may have tissue trapped in the joint and it will need removing. Flushing alone may not remove it. Keyhole surgery to remove the tissue is probably required. Knees are tricky joints. GP asap. Hope all goes well.

• Posted

I respectfully disagree. Make an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon who scoped your knee. Your GP will only send to there anyway.

• Posted

in the Uk you have to go through your Gp before you see the consultant unless you are Private and then you can just phone them up once you have been referred as money always talks

• Posted

I have to see my GP tomorrow for a different issue so I will tell him about my knee. I hope I can go to my new ortho Dr but will see the old one if needed. I can now feel a slight bump in the lower, inner area of my knee, outside the knee cap but the pain is in the upper inner area. It's weird.

• Posted

My GP says bursitis. If it doesn't respond to that type of treatment I will see the ortho dr. Symptom checker says MCL. There is now some slight swelling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.