NSAID and LS/LP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

I have LS and LP in my vulva and Oral LP.

I am halfway through a month's course of Naproxen, which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (not for any related condition). My LS and LP have been fairly quiet of late following extensive intermittent fasting and also the Clobetasol and Oestrogen creams for vulva and an oral steroid rinse for the mouth.

However, after 2 weeks of maximum dose Naproxen I have now erupted in ulcers and sores in my mouth and on my vulva. 

I am taking a drug to inhibit ulceration of the stomach, but these outbreaks have been a surprise.

Has anyone else had this effect? Do the ulcers go quite quickly once the course of Naproxen is finished?

Thanks for any help

tbf

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear you are suffering so much. I have LS and LP but so far it hasn't affected my mouth. Im only using Dermovate at presemt and cannot offer any help or advice but wanted you to know you are not alone and my thoughts are with you. Hope you improve soon x
  • Posted

You need to look to some natural remedies and if you are fasting...I believe you are possibly open to some of the following suggestions.  I have been doing a ton of research and have found some interesting information. I have the crazy itching it's been driving me insane...so have been looking for solutions. Here are a few things that I found.

Use a solution of organic castor oil (4tbsp mixed with 2 drops lavender oil and 1 drop lemongrass oil) (Do not use essential oils straight...you must use a carrier oil like castor oil) This gives instant relief of itching and burning.  Tears heal and skin will regain it's healthy pink color again. Castor oil is very thick and odorless so it stays on the skin well throughout the day.

Here's another recipe I found for a itch relief spray:     Itch-Be-Gone Recipe

Fill a 2 ounce spray bottle to the shoulder with witch hazel.

Add the following essential oils (not fragrance oils!):

5 drops Lavender

2 drops Frankincense

3 drops Tea Tree

Label your bottle, shake it up, and use – that’s it!

Why these ingredients

Witch hazel makes for an awesome base since it’s naturally astringent and soothing.

Lavender – Lavandula angustifola, not Spike Lavender which is Lavendula latifolia, or Lavandin – due to it’s analgesic (pain-relieving), anti-inflammatory, cicatrisant (cell-regenerative and scar-healing), anti-infectious, wound-healing, and skin-healing properties.

Frankincense – also analgesic (pain-relieving), anti-inflammatory, cicatrisant (cell-regenerative and scar-healing), and skin-healing properties.Tea Tree – anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and anti-infectious.

Also have read that many are seeing incredible results with diluting apple cider vinegar with water as a spray...and also drinking it.  I'm starting with 2 tablespoons once a day in some non-citrus juice as I've not researched yet what the recommended dosage is...but will get back here with any new found information.

In the meantime...try some baking soda baths or compresses.  A cup or two in the bath...or a couple tablespoons in 2 cups of water...soak clean gauze or strips of cotton cloth and lay those on the affected areas.  15-20 minutes for bath or compresses.

• Posted

If you find the baking soda solution too strong...cut down the amount you put in water.  In fact...it's probably better to start out with a more diluted solution first to see how it works for you.
    • Posted

When you say baking soda do you mean baking powder (the sort used as a raising agent in baking) or bicarbonate of soda ?
    • Posted

I live in the U.S....so we call bicarbonate of soda...baking powder. Thanks for asking this question.  I know some people may get confused.
  • Posted

Hi

Can you tell me if you can get Lp inside the vagina and if so would this be seen as reddish sore lumps just on the inside of the vagina aswell as all around the vaginal entrance? I have LS but I am wondering if I have LP too as I have swellings inside the vagina

• Posted

Hi I have LS and LP and the LP are raw looking areas just inside my vagina and very sore. They are probably the size of my little finger nail and sometimes itch like the LS. My dermatologist has prescribed dermovate twice weekly which stings like mad when I put it on. You will need to get a doc to confirm if this is what you have. You can also get it in the mouth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.