NSVT.... had 12 beats 2 days ago! First time they said!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was watching tv. All of a sudden felt a skip in lower heart. Then got extreme vertigo and felt like everything was white. Well, told my husband thought I was going into afib. ( I have had that once) When I felt better, felt pulse, it was higher ( I have low pulse becuase or meds) I have a pacemaker and I have a monitor for it. So, went and did a download. I called the Dr the next day to see what they saw. It is Thanksgiving week this week, so nobody really responded. But ,one nurse took pity on me and found the tech who reads the machince print out. He called me and said that I had a Non sustained ventricle Tachy for 3 secounds of 12 beats. Well, I had no idea what that what! So started looking it up. Wish I hadn't. Oh, he also said I need to call and get a drs appointment since they had never seen anything on my machine like that. I go Monday morn. In the meantime, I am really scared to even move! Have been reading how you can go in to vtach and vfib!!! Very scared. Hubby is getting mad at me! I have panic disorder! I am reading so many bad things about sudden death. And from what I read there is not much they can do to help you. You are on your own. If anyone has this stuff with symptoms I would appreciate a reply. Very worried. I have 3 days before I see the DR. Thank you Mabel27

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mabel first of all happy thanksgiving. I was recently on a heart monitor for 4 weeks and was diagnosed with premature ventricular beats and premature atrial beats. Somedays I have like irregular heart beats and sometimes it's worrisome but most of the time it's fine. I would like you to tell you that please don't be so scare of it and please try to enjoy the holiday as much as you can. I know it's easier said than done especially when you feel that your life is hanging on the line but like you mentioned earlier that there s not much anyone can do anything about it so please try to think about other things for now and wait till Monday come around. I am here to talk anytime you need someone to hear you out. I was really really scared the first time my heart suddenly jumps while I was driving I got so freaked out do you know what i did? I continuously honked at the car in front of me to have them move aside fast so I can get to the hospital I remembered I was speeding like a maniac but before I got to the hospital it got back to normal so I just wait for awhile outside the hospital parking to see if it come back again but it didn't so I went home after that first incident I haven't had another one till like 2 years later,but now it's getting more and more frequent. I am religious so I find my peace and calmness through that and it helps me. As for now take care Mabel and try to enjoy the holiday please keep us updated and I'm here when you need an ear.

• Posted

Thank you so much Juliet, you are so kind and caring. I know the feeling of skipping jumping heart, have had that for ... wait for it 45 years. You would think I would be used to weird heart stuff. Nope! I have also learned to count on the man upstairs, and pray a lot,like you it helps a lot. Sometimes, I forget to pray when I most need too. I had a nice thanksgiving dinner . Now just checking email. I received another wonderful message from Denise on this site. I am feeling blessed now and not so stressed at the moment. Thank you so much for caring. I will tell you all how things go on Monday. Tomorrow, gonna make Christmas cards and be kind to my hubby. He deserves some calm. Hugs, Mabel
  • Posted

Hello Mabel, I hope you're feeling a little better.  I'm not sure, but are you in the States?  I'm in the UK and it's 1 am in the morning.

I have conduction problems that's been going on for 6+ years and have had some frightening episodes.  I haven't the same as you, but I really feel for you.  It is my philosophy that only worry about things you can do something about.  That is easier said than done, but you know what - it is out of your hands, my hands and anyone else who have wretched heart problems!  I sometimes feel I would have anything else wrong with me, because the heart is one thing that you can do absolutely nothing about.  I don't worry, but what I do do, is I find I am spending time trying to understand.  All I want them to do is to be frank and find some time to talk to me - explain.  It doesn't always help, but having been a nurse I am fortunate enough to understand the anatomy and physiology of the heart.  Maybe it's a bad thing, I don't know.  I am sure Mabel that if they thought it's as bad as you read, they would not leave you till Monday.  You have a Pacemaker and that has to be a good thing, because it controls those heart beats, albeit something else has arisen.  I think you must be in good hands, for help was at hand instantly and that was most kind to read the print out and give you an appointment for Monday.  Monday will soon be here, so try and relax and do some things you like to do - if you can.  Look after yourself Mabel and please be sure to come back to us and let us know that all is well.  This is a lovely website and I think everyone is there for everyone!  Looking forward to hearing some good news early next week.  Best wishes, Denise.

• Posted

Dear Denise, yes I am in rainy Florida. You really made me feel better with your answer. Yes, I Will do much better spending my time tomorrow on pleasant things.You are very kind, I bet you are a great nurse. I am a bad worry wart, and catastrophes all the time. I have panic disorder. Does not help. I do have a wonderful rhythm heart doctor. He is very kind and has helped me so much in the past. Trys hard to reassure me, always. I appreciate you for doing the same. I will most definitely let you know how things go on Monday. Best wishes, Mabel. P.s. I make homemade Christmas cards, I will do some more tomorrow. I want to finish them. Have about 25 more to make. So, no time to worry, Hugs, I am headed to bed.
    • Posted

Hi Denise, I wrote a reply to my original message. Hope you saw it. Dr does not feel anything is necessary to do now!(if you read my my reply, you can see I am not happy with this. He said if you get it. Again, and pass out and don't die, contact us, we will do more tests. He was talking about driving in car. I am depressed now. Did not reassure me at all!!hope you are well, Hugs, Mabel

• Posted

Hi Mabel, there you are!  Still banging your head against the brick wall I see ..... just like me.  I couldn't have ticked the box to follow and lost track.  Mrs 'Notcope' is the name, over here in the UK.  You're the same as me, but I'm getting mad now as (please do laugh) I've reached the conclusion that they're trying their damndest to bump me off!  But firstly about you ..... Pacemaker and still taking meds and still having problems.  Is that really right Mabel?  I thought the Pacemaker was supposed to take over and that everything would be just fine.  How come still taking the meds though Mabel?  Sometimes these medications - no, nearly all the time they cause us such side-effects that we don't know what's what and to be fair, neither to these doctors!  You see my argument is .... and it's sensible - no better than that, I am right.  When they do these darn pacemaker things, and the same as when they do the readings (I have a linq loop recorder (Medrontic - US company), they are receiving information from the heart when it is influenced by the medication we are taking, eg beta-blockers.  I'm taking Bisoprolol.  Now no one can tell me any different.  I had a ding dong last January, came off my high blood pressure tablets myself - no doctor available, and then I lost my rag on 1st March and said "right, now I'm not taking the Bisoprolol either!  OK was the reply, come off it and lets see.  Now they won't tell me what they saw, although one thing for sure is I know I had Broad Complex Tachycardia.  The heart was truly mental and by now, it's quite surprising that I'm not either. 

So back to when they put the Pacemaker in ...... were you still on medication?  You see many of these drugs cause arrhythmias themselves (my consultant did agree that was the case), and so it doesn't make any sense?  I'm totally perplexed now Mabel and I would have thought that you should be living the dream and be symptom free ..... why still taking medication Mabel?  Might I suggest Mabel, that if you have any charities in the US, that you have a chat with them?  You can also learn an awful lot from their websites. 

Mabel, I'm on the warpath and tomorrow morning I am going to ring my Consultant's secretary .... a letter a few months said, he was planning a crt - which is a pacemaker of a kind (cardiac resyncronisation therapy) BUT NOT YET.  I don't know what he's waiting for.  As I say, I think he's hoping it's going to be too late and the way I'm going, I think he's going to get his way and I shall snuff it! 

I hope I can find the box to 'follow', as I swear to God now reply message was sent to me ... and an old girl therefore lost track!

Chin up .... at least you have your sweetheart.  My sweetheart (my cat) will probably eat me if I should snuff it, because there's no one here!)

Much Love

Denise x

• Posted

Dear Mabel, I just had to reply to this albeit so late in the day!  Rainy Florida??  I didn't know you had much rain there - just glorious sunshine and warmth, which makes me green with envy!  It can't be easy having a panic disorder, but neither is it being 'ratty' all the time.  I don't do any 'relaxation' - I'm either 'dead' because I am so tired, or I'm trying to sell the stuff I have to make ends meet and then as if that's not bad enough, I've now turned to buying to sell - bonkers or what?  Wish I was young again and had my health ... life was so much easier and wonderful, for that matter!  I guess the Christmas cards are completed and sent?  I haven't even started yet!

I sometimes sell to ladies in the US and I have to say, they are just (like you), so lovely!  Thank you for being such a lovely lady!  Nighty night!  (She says - its half past midnight!)

• Posted

Hi Denise, Thank you for the wonderful kind message. I love how you talk!! 😁Yes finished the cards finally!! I had a loop recorder too, that is how they found out i was having pauses. Diagnosed with Sick Sinus syndrome. I was only on blood pressure meds before pacemaker. After pacemaker I had one short episode of afib, it resolved after about an hour. Then they brought out the big guns!haha! Put me on the metoprolol and blood thinners. I agree, I think the metoprolol caused he NSVT ! My heart beat stays at 60 now, but still get the big " thus" skips. I think my cardiologist is trying to play it safe. What do you mean about charities? Not quite sure! I would love to be off the meds but can't with the afib now. I may get a second opinion if I don't feel better. The metoprolol makes me so tired! No energy,! Such a pain!! Take care and hope to talk to you soon. Good look with your procedure!! Oh, what kind of stuff do you sell? Hugs, Mabel

• Posted

Hi Mabel, I'm struggling to find things on this forum now.  There seem to have been some changes and I'm going round in circles!  Like you Mabel, I'm not functioning as I'm so tired and am desperate now to come off the Bisoprolol.  I'm beginning to think that if we didn't have the NHS, which isn't free as we pay into it through our National Insurance and Taxes, but if we had 'insurance' instead many of our doctors would actually do the job they are paid to do.  Having said that, patients are increasing all the time due to the growth in population.  I mustn't get political, so I'll end on that note about that.  I'm glad you're OK at the moment and hopefully it can stay that way.  I had a loop recorder as well, but now have the Medtronic linq, but have established that they only look at what I download and there is no 'monitoring', so that tells me rightly or wrongly, it's a waste of time.  Without the Bisoprolol (last year) I had AF and Broad Complex Tachycardia.  Now as the months have gone by (since last June that is), I have more and more Left Bundle Branch Block, and ......... (I can't remember now - this is what Bisoprolol does to me as well, it affects my train of thought/memory and my brain has to go and search!).  Anyway that aside, my point Mabel is, that our heart is what it is when we are no on medication.  Surely that's the true situation.  Take the medication and yes it alters it, invariably for the good, but then on the other hand Bisoprolol can actually cause arrhythmias, so it doesn't make any sense to me.  It should also be given with caution for 1st degree heart block (which I have), but again no one seems to notice.  Anyway, it's for an old girl to sort out and I'm not a happy bunny!  Over here Mabel, we have organisations like the British Heart Foundation, Cardiomyopathy.org, Arrhythmia Alliance and a few others. The things I sell are antique/vintage linens - used to, but I'm about to pick it all up again as it's a case of 'needs must', but I must have some energy, hence trying to get off this darn drug!  I had best go in case I am taking your time and talking a load of 'tripe' as my mother would have said.  Still sometimes we can't help but feel exasperated!  Have a fabulous Christmas Mabel - I won't because it's cancelled in my situation, but I shall be thinking of everyone else.  Hugs to you too Mabel x

• Posted

Dear Denise! Christmas is never cancelled, it is in your heart my dear!! Jesus was born good will toward men~ God bless's you! We will be at home for Christmas.Alone and fine I hope!You are not talking " tripe" haha! I know my metoporol can cause skippy heart too but, you dont feel them as much. I was supposed to have a mri today on my foot. But, the Dr. did not give me the right " wave length " for my pacemaker, so it was causing my ventricles to jump around. I could take that for 5 min, but not 45! And of coarse my Dr was not in town, so we got up and drove 50 min, checked in the hospital, waited for an hour and half and then had to come home! I was not a happy camper! I am so tired of this!! I need the MRI for pain in my foot of all things!! ( soft tissue) been trying to get this thing for 3 months. I was so depressed when I got home! I had an appointment with my phschologist this afternoon thank heaven. He helped. I felt bad for hubby too. He is going to play golf tomorrow. So I will have some quiet time!! I dont know much about your heart block, but am sorry it is making you sad!! Try to cheer up and you can always message me!!! Hugs and smiles back! Try to sing some carols , or eat a christmas cookie~ I am enjoying watching the British Christmas Bakeoff! I dont bake but it is fasisnating!!! Bye bye now!!

• Posted

Ok, I went to Dr this morning. He was not very reassuring. He said my stress test was good, echo was good. ( that part is good) But I said what if this happens while driving. He said if you pass out and not die, call, and we would do more tests!!! What??? Then he said, do your exercise, try not to stress!! Now I am depressed! He said we could do a catheterization. But he did not think I needed it. So, I feel confused, I guess I just live and hope it does not happen again. Not try to find out why it happened?? What!# Any ideas? I know we can all die at any time. So, I guess I just have to live with this! Still upset. Thanks for listening. I hate having a rhythm problem.
  • Edited

Hey Mabel27. Im also having issues like you have described. I have had 3 ablations done on vt and svt but the last few weeks I'm getting something like you described. Im now on a monitor hoping to pick it up because whatever it is i know its not good from how i feel. Ive never felt these symtoms with all my other arrhythmia.I get a quick run of beats out of nowhere and feel this horrible rush through my body and like im gonna pass out. I feel like im gonna die. It takes a few minutes to have that rush feeling go away and then my heart will beat back to normal. I to have horrible anxiety with this and am to scared to get out of bed in fear of another episode . how did u make out and what have they been able to do for you reguarding your symptoms?

• Posted

Hi Janmarie, sorry you have scary stuff going on too. I don't get the rush feeling just the extreme dizziness. Only happened the one time 3weeks ago.The Dr says he does not want to do anything about it . Says if I get more. So, now every time I get an extra strong skipped beat or weird feeling, I get very scared, thinking here we go! I am afraid to drive much of be alone. I am just trying to count on my Dr and my faith. I have a pacemaker, but it does not help the beats I have.I hope they out what is causing yours. God bless and try to have a nice holiday! I am in bed with a cold now. We can't win! Hugs,Mabel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.