Nuclear bone scan

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was offered a whole body nuclear bone scan yesterday. I had spoken on phone to my GP about rib cage pain and long term back pain that in the past six years I have had two MRI's for and a standing X-Ray plus a CT Scan. They showed various problems but nothing that they wanted to treat.

This time he referred me for a chest and back X-ray but the consultant suggested the nuclear scan without my even having had any physical examination.

Overnight I'm having second thoughts. I'm 87 and wondering at my age what they would find or even want to treat. I know it's not prostate cancer as I have had laser surgery for an enlarged prostate and follow up tests show that my PSU reading came down from 13.0 to 0.74.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.