Nucleus accumbens atrophy or some form of reward deficiency problem.

Posted , 1 user is following.

i am a drug addict in recovery. been on meth, pills and legal highs for 2 years but although i have quit i have had various replases. I think i have Nucleus accumbens atrophy or some form of reward deficiency problem. How do I test for that? I have sexual anhedonia with ED and low sexual desire disorder (with all forms of enhancement medication including penile injections proving abortive), epileptic seizures where i lost control over my wrist and ankle which was quite a painful experience before the atrophy and audio hallucinations which i still experience even with taking antipsychotics. all forms of recreational drugs have seized to work during the relapse periods and this isn't a tolerance problem. i also have insomnia where i wake up several time in the night. am I correct to say my Nucleus accubens is damaged. what could be the other possible causes of these problems and is there a form of treatment. i hear deep brain simulation might be the way to go. I have no doctor in this part of the world

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.