numb

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had an endoscopy 4 weeks ago, have gastritis, put on lansaprozole for 6-8weeks. Had loads of different symptoms and 3 weeks ago found out im low on b12 and was put on tablets, i have sometimes pressure in my head, numbness in my face, pins and needles in hand and legs, with sometimes stiff hand or foot and crampy feelings. I feel my chest is hollow sometimes and it makes my throat and mouth numb, can anything in my stomach (vagus nerve) be causing all of this? About to go private for a scan as doc just reffered me today and she says itll be 4-6 months

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes, you probably have nerve damage and maybe sinus. Low in B12 could be the reason for all of this. ;-(  I was diagnosed with the same problem on hands and feet and they put me on medication which tok away the burning, pins and needles. But after 4 months I reacted to Lyrica and I took myself out slowly ( I called Doc and told her) and realized afthat I no longer needed medication for this- The pain was gone. Still have like 10-20% of just numbness which is not a problem. That was like 15 months ago. I also had pressure on my head but it was sinus with mild congestion which I don't take medication as well. Just simple saline. ;-)  I als have mild reflux and gastritis and still working in finding a medication hat will hep me because that mild reflux got acid to the back of my throat and vocals and apparently is also causing pressure on the middle of my chest all day long. Will try Pantoprazole after Friday when they check if I have H , Pylori  and I can't take any reflux medication until the test is done. ;-(
    • Posted

I just dont know what to do, it honestly feels like im dying, im so scared
    • Posted

The same way I felt when it started- But now I just take it easy and relax. I was even told I had COPD and Asthma which I did not.  Sure, my concern right now is my chest which is not a cardio problem so they thnk is the acid because I do have acid behind my throat and vocals.   
    • Posted

How did u calm down, i cant seem too, convinced theres something serious wrong

• Posted

its 3.20 am here and i cant sleep
    • Posted

Get some tart cherry juice and take melatolin -It will help. ;-)  If you still can't sleep listen to some anxiety Hypnosis available for free on the internet ( google it) , do some deep breathing and get some Lavender essential oils and diffuse it.
  • Posted

It took time, I was dizzy 24/7, breathing problems, everything was dark and confusing.  Yes, anxiety got me for the first time in my life but eventually I took some biofeedback and learned how to control my breathing. No more dizzy days, no more dark days and no more nerve pain.  But still today I'm dealing with the reflux and gastritis which apparently is the reason for my chest pressure (not heartburn)  which is al day long. I guess after 1 1/2 of pain and doubts you learn to accept what ever comes to you and for me back then feeling dizzy all day long and the dark days was the worse.  I will say I lost fear and it has been a year since my chest problem started. ;-)
    • Posted

Yeah i am really dizzy, anxiety really is getting to me but just dont know how to stop it, and this feeling that im gona die is taking over my life, i just cant make sense of it all to be honest, 14 weeks ago i was a wife and mother, enjoying life and now this. i appreciate you speaking to me
    • Posted

Exatly the same with me, it changed my life frm one day to another but for now do some deep briething.  Inhale nose 4 seconds, hold 7 ( in belly, not chest) and exhale 8 seconds usiing your mouth.  Do 10-20 repetitions,  3-5 times daily for now. I still do it once daily as a prevention. 
    • Posted

Hi Colleen73

So sorry that you are feeling so low about your symptoms, as you will read in the various other posts on this site you are certainly not alone. I personally have started a more healthy diet in the hope that things will improve and I have to say that after 3 weeks I do feel that this will happen eventually. At first I could not sleep because I was worrying in case my condition was life threatening, but finally decided that although I am not happy about not feeling well I can hopefully change my life style and if I don't cure it I can at least manage it. Once I made this decision I find that mostly I can relax whilst in bed even if I cannot get the amount of sleep I would like. Learn some healthier breathing techniques and just try and stay calm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.