Numb after carpal tunnel surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just had CTS surgery two days ago and now i still have numb on my fingers. Is that normal? 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

That really depends on how bad your CTS was before surgery. If you had marked loss of sensation before the operation and very severely abnormal nerve conduction studies then recovery of sensation can take a long time or even not occur at all if you are unlucky. Alternatively, if you only had a mild CTS with no numbness before surgery then numbness afterwards is worrying, but 2 days is too early to get to excited about it even then. Dr J Bland

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.