Numb arms and pins and needles.

Posted , 4 users are following.

was diagnosed 6 months ago with C2 C3 C 4 spondylosis and some radiculopathy .constant headache ,dizziness ,losing balance ,dropping things ,lack of concentration ,chest pains ,can't sleep ,etc.i was just wondering wether any one is on the sick from work with it ,as I feel I can't go any more .I am on 30 mil codeine ,and zopiclone 30 mil sleeping tablet .i work in a factory with a lot of lifting and wood working machines,I feel I'm not safe with the medication and the symptoms to be there .as well as the pain.Or am I being a big softie .i don't look ill ,but feel it .im 46 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi  MyGP told me not to do any lifting. Infact he said hoovering up is one of worst things I could do !  The only problem with signing onto sick pay is ESA will be paid for short while but only at same rate as JSA then you have to undergo assessments to see if your capable of working this I may add is usually failed by most , then unless you feel you can go back to work you start the appeal journey. !
    • Posted

Cheers daryl .more worried that I am at risk from injury or injuring somebody else ,with nail guns ,electric saws etc ,with the drowsiness and clumsiness
  • Posted

Maybe you should speak to your employer first,  as they have a responsibility to adjust your work according to your problems.  Failing that ,  ask your GP about sick leave to get you through the bad phases you're experiencing.  Spondylosis has a tendency to vary its symptoms with time,  so it's usually a 'wait and see' if it improves or not. 
    • Posted

Cheers Gerry.when I first told my boss about my sickness and medication ,his response was "If you're that Ill you shouldn't be in work" .on Tuesday took my self cert in and the lady from Hr had to fill it in for me because I couldn't hold the pen. I then went to see my supervisor to explain that I was struggling with the work ,and my two hands went numb. My boss told me it was bad circulation .he isn't a doctor .how I kept my cool I don't know ! That is what I am up against .
    • Posted

Might be worth keeping a record of those encounters,  in case push comes to shove eventually.  There is a code that employers must adhere to,  and a record would be useful if a tribunal was imminent.
  • Posted

Hi i understand how you feel i have stared to drop items and lack of concentration my main pain was in neck and shoulders but i have over the last couple of days had pain in my lower back any body else had this, and as regards to work dont know how long i can carry on what muscle relaxants do people take 
    • Posted

What did my head in was going back and for the doctors ,only to be told ,bad circulation ,frozen shoulder ,Rsi, carpal ts, tendonitis ,squeeze my hand ,push against me ,can you ,do this ,can you do that ,take your blood pressure ,for thelast 3 years ,and only a Mri showed it up last year ,aft

er feeling so sh*t for years 

• Posted

Sorry Karen ,my post was moderated.yes ,lower back pain ,don't take any relaxants,,I take 30 mil codeine,and that is just to stave the headaches for an hour or two,.keep well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.