Numb Chin Syndrome

Posted , 56 users are following.

So I have a small spot on the tip of my chin that is numb, like feeling like how it would feel if a dentist gave you anesthesia.  Just numb.  I thought maybe a shaved to close and cut it making it numb.  Then after taking it for maybe a month or so, I decided to see what could be done about it.  I instead found out about Numb Chin Syndrome.  Everything I read is this is fatal within months due to cancer.  Although I have read it can also be cause by diabetes neuropathy (I'm a type 1 diabetic for about 35 years now, so I'm praying to god that's what causing it, although I don't really have much other neuropathy in my body, so that kinda seems like a stretch), and I've also read anxiety can cause it (And of course I've had anxiety most of my life).  Anyways, to the point, suddenly I'm starting to get TMJ symptoms, earaches when sleeping, dull headaches that last a few seconds and then go away... Should I go to the doctor and see about getting an MRI scan, knowing if it comes back positive for cancer of any kind, I'm probably going to die soon and have most of my remaining time spent in a hospital instead of out in the world living, as well as leaving behind my wife (who does think this all in my head) and 10 & 8 year old kids, which the thought of is pushing me towards depression.  I'm at a complete loss for what to do here and scared and feel so lonely.  Thank you in advance for anyone who has any advice... 

2 likes, 260 replies

260 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

i am so glad i found this forum i have gone crazy for the last 2 weeks. i should have never googled numb chin syndrome. Now i have in my head i have advanced stage 4 cancer at 38 years old and might not see my kids grow up.

It all started around a month ago i started getting throbbing headaches that come and go behind the left eye and temple area. i also had pressure feeling on my left side near the cheeks. This all started when i stopped the keto diet and started taking some multivitamins. But i don't know why but my mind went to brain cancer. I stopped the multivitamins and headache started to get better probably has nothing to do with it but it helped. But at the same time my chin started to feel numb on and off and not in one location sometimes the left side of chin sometimes the right and my bottom lip would feel a bit like a burning feeling. So i googled numb chin and the world ended. The more i think about it i know i probably dont have it because its not really a numbness maybe more of a tingle that comes and goes. When i feel it i even tried to poke myself to see if its numb and it isnt. I called my family doctor and had a phone consultation he told me he doesnt think its numb chin syndrom but he sent me for a complete blood test which i had today and gave me an appointment in 2 weeks. I am losing my mind having to wait that long. Anyways glad i found this post and thanks for letting me vent

• Edited

hey everyone i got my blood test back everything came back as normal except high cholesterol. Now i need to wait for my doctor appointment on tuesday i still feel the numb chin but it seems less frequent i am hoping its all in my head

• Posted

Hey man,

I am in the same boat and I am sorry you are stressing out. You just have to remember that there is only the here and now. Some of the worst things that have happened to me never actually happened. Don't get lost in your head. Let the doctors do their thing and be patient. I also poke my lips and experience the tingling feeling...kinda like how your lips feel after eating hot wings. I'm 27 and freaking out as well but my own advice helps me calm down. Be strong. Any updates on any of your lab results?

Thanks for sharing your story.

• Posted

Hey ya i agree with you. we should not be goggling anything it always comes up as a bad result. For me i still feel it sometimes it could be for only a few minutes a day i there as has been days i didnt feel it all day. I never had my mri but I did get an ultra sound on my neck for an enlarged lymph node he found that came back fine. i figured i am coming up to 5 months at this point if it was serious i would expect other symptoms which i dont have so at this point it might disappear one day or something i might just need to get used to.

thanks for reply be strong out mind can do crazy stuff

• Edited

i wanted to jump back on here and give an update. My numb chin resolved on its own after about two months. i truly think it had something to do with the new antidepressant i was taking. It started shortly after i began taking it and that was the only thing that had changed.

• Edited

I'm glad to hear it cleared up!!! Its always good to hear numb chin going away. Hope you don't have any problems with it in the future, but we are always here if you do. πŸ˜ƒ

• Edited

thanks for the update i am new to this experience. i am just curious did chin symtoms seem to get more and more intermittent.

i visited my doctor yesterday but after a complete check he thinks i should wait another month before getting an mri and ct scan. He believe its my anxiety doing it because its not numb at all just tingling, very good blood work and pressure and since its very intermittent. While its still happening every day i could go hours without feeling a tingle.

So just curious did you start feeling it less and less or just woke up one day and it was gone

thanks

• Edited

Hi everyone, I hope you all are just doing fine, no health problems and stuff... I just wanted to share my story. My name is Rigzi, i am 18 years old, I don't know what I have, I just know that I am feeling a numbness in my chin, not a rough one, a small one near me teeth. How this happened, I brushed my teeth an hour ago, hard, i didnt brush my teeth for I guess 1 week (yeah I know, please don't judge), after that, I drank a tea, after that I ate some sour fruit, like pommegranates and mandarins, and apples (multivitamin fruits), after that, I guess 30 min or less passed, and I felt this numbness, a really small one. after that i checked in internet (like we all do), and the main thing that could cause it was cancer, I got anxious, a lot, I am dealing with anxiety for a long time, so i got stressed a lot, started crying, 3 hours passed and my numbness is still there, I think its lowered a bit, but i dont know, so, I just thought I would ask, what do you all think? I don't know how am I gonna sleep tonight, i am filled with anxiety. I am praying for all of you and everyone that is dealing with this, please, pray for me too!πŸ€

• Edited

Hi Rigzi!

Welcome to the forum. First thing i'm going to ask you to do is relax. Anxiety can play tricks on you. Like I tell everyone that comes on here, Dr. Google does not know you, and you would be well advised not to go to it for any medical advise. My personal opinion after Reading your post would be to give it a few days and see if it goes away and if not then go see your general practice doctor, as they will know if any further tests would be needed. Feel free to stop by anytime!

Take care and hope to see you around here!

Nathan

• Edited

Thank you so much for replying, I came here many times, saw that no one is responding to my message, that was sad. Yeah I am actually dealing with a lot of stress, it all happened 2 weeks ago. I am working in Call Center from 1PM-9PM home office, I didnt even sit on a chair, i sat on idk how its called in english... but anyway, yeah it's lower than a chair, but the PC was still too low, and I am a bit tall, and had the worst posture for more than 1 month. After that, my neck started hurting, and got some headaches, I was always anxious, and started searching in Google, the first thing was a tumor, and started being more anxious than before, I was dealing with headache for more than 1 week. After that, I started feeling a little dizzy, was so scared, I just thought it might be something serious, and didnt sleep well at night, my dizziness is still here, its a really light dizziness i dont even notice it, nothing else, sometimes nausea, but that must be because of over-stressing. And yeah yesterday that s*** happened, and thought why not searching about it, guess what... got even more anxious, I still can feel a little bit of numbness (not really much), my teeth gum burns a little (maybe bcz I've put some sea salt with warm water on my mouth and held it for 5minπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ). I can feel my chin it just doesnt feel the same as it did before. Thats why im scared a lot. I asked a lot of friends they said it is ok if this happens, you just injured the teeth gum with the tooth brush. I really hope so. Again thank you soooo much for replying, it just gave me strength, I will be praying for all of us every single day/night

• Posted

hi all how is everyone? i started having a strange feeling in my chin today and of course i stupidly dr googled it and scared myself now, i have filled out a online form to get a call from he dr.

• Posted

Hi Jenna,

Sorry I'm just now seeing hour post, but welcome to the forum. Sounds like your on the right track by getting in your touch with your doctor. Hope everything turns out ok. Take care and feel free to stop in anytime. πŸ˜ƒ

Nathan

• Posted

hi Nathan, thank you i keep re reading everything on here, everything on the internet is so scary it has me terrified 😦

• Posted

It's understandable to be scared. But just remember Dr Google does not know your own case. Your own physician should be able to let you know if you got a problem or not. Try not to drive yourself nuts with it in the meantime. I know from experience that's easier said than done, but it is for the best. Anxiety about it will only make it worse. Be strong. Live in the moment. πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

thank you i should be getting a phone call back tomorrow hopefully, the feeling wasnt there all day then suddenly appeared again im hoping that is a good sign that it comes and goes. πŸ˜ƒ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.