Numb face...could this be anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I would like to start of by saying that I am a bit of a hypochondriac (and I always assume anything wrong is the worst). I'm sort of freaking out... for the past few days, the left side of my face has been going numb randomly, and I feel as if there is a lot of pressure on my face. Usually when I start to feel the numbness my palms get sweaty, my mouth gets dry and I feel very jittery/get a body rush. The weird thing is that when I don't concentrate on my facial numbness I don't feel anything. Do you think this could be anxiety and or a panic attack? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi ian both sides of my face are numb every single day my chin lips feet and one hand tingle all the time,i have chronic health anxiety !i also have a feeling of pressure behind my face,iv had it 3 months now and it freaks me out x
    • Posted

Yeah that's good to hear that I am not alone on this front. I will randomly have sharp shooting pains over my head also(only last for 2 seconds and only come twice or three times a day). My palms of my hands get freezing and sweaty alongside my mouth feeling super dry no matter how much water I drink. I'm guessing this is all anxiety...hopefully I can find a way to stop being so anxious. 
  • Posted

I Had such a wicked headache today I took xanax to calm it. Motrin or tylenol wouldnt work on it. Had too much going on to be debiliatated by such a horrid headache. And it accompanied numb and other stuff. I had eaten chocolate so ig i cant eat that anymore,mtriggered some fierce migraine. If it goes away when your busy its anxiety related.
  • Posted

Hi all,

Sitting here (11.39) wishing I felt better, so fed up of everything.

Face/back of neck/jaw very numb. I've had it al long time and still hope it is only anxiety. Do you take any medication? I am on Lexapro 10mg at night maybe I should try it in the morning. I am going to take a tiny bit of clonazepam, don't want to feel like this all day.

take care

Sxx  

the Netherlands.

• Posted

hi are you feeling any better,i have constant tingly feet/one numb tingly hand and a constant numb face around my cheeks then the bottom half of my face tingles so know exactly how you feel x
    • Posted

Everything i have read bring this to sinus and magnessium, Aside from anxiety. Im trying to fix this too. I use magnessium glycinate here and there. Its the sinus im having a harder time fixing. I was already in antibiotics. Im thinking allergy. Its annoying. Ive been dealing with headaching and a nasal drip now. Im flipping to alternative medicine on this because they always seem to work better and longer. Frustrating. I also have tmj. Im going with fresh ginger, magnessium glycinate, vitamin suppliments and for the sinus horseradish and hoping it works well. Im on day one. It seems sinus issues are rampant with the allergy level up the coast.
    • Posted

Hi,

I thought about what you said and have been using a nasal douche. Can't do any harm but doesn't seem to do much good.

At the moment I am trying to watch tv. No reason to be stressed but I am, got the numb face/tightness in my chest etc. I have at least been able to say, **** happens and haven't taken any clonazepam.

Bedtime soon, in my "safe place" reading a book. See what tomorrow brings, get tired of struggling through each day.

take care

Sxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.