Numb Feet

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have suffered with severe pain in my lower back on the righthand side including pain down my right leg and numb/pins and needles in my right foot and slightly in my left foot, standing and walking are very painful.

Apparantly I have scoliosis and a trapped nerve at the L4/5 & L5/S1 level.

I have been been prescribed various pain killing tablets, various injections and lateral decompression surgery, non of which has helped, and told that I will now just have to live with it, by the way I am 80 years old.

My main concern at the moment is that the numbness in my right foot is getting worse and is now making driving difficult in that It is hard to feel my foot on the accelerator pedal.

Any thought or suggestions as to what I could do apart from no longer driving which I have no wish to do?

Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I do not think the driving is causing the issues, i think you need to exercise your legs and feet and relax your brain. Promote good blood flow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.