Numb foot may stop me driving!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have suffered with pain in my lower back for 7/8 years, after an MRI scan I was diagnosed with Degenerative Scolious at L4/5 and L5/S1 plus Grade 1 Degenerative Spondylolisthesis at L4/5 plus a few other things including a trapped nerve.

This causes me severe back pain especially when standing or walking, on a good day I can manage to walk a couple of miles, which is very painful and I need to sit a few times.

I have had various injections and surgery to release the nerve which made no improvement plus various pain killer medications, non of which has helped, latest from my GP and the Pain Management Clinic is that I will just have to live with it!

My main concern is that at the moment I am suffering from severe numbness and pins and needles in my right foot caused by the trapped nerve and it is getting so bad that driving is becoming a problem, my foot feels like a numb block on the end of my leg and it is getting difficult to feel the pedals.

Any one else had similar problems who could offer possible suggestions.

Thanks for reading.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.