numb hand, headaches, sore tailbone

Posted , 3 users are following.

A few months a go I began to feel a slight tingle in a few of my fingers, over the next couple of weeks it spread to my whole hand and is now constantly there. I than began to have headaches and now also feel like my forehead is swolen or somethings all the time. The headaches are usually occur when I'm tired. The last couple of weeks my tailbone has been very sore especially after exercise. I saw the doctor previously when my hand begun and he said it was carpal tunnel disease. I got a nerve test amd that wasn't the case. I was told to come back if it didn't get better. It hasn't and I'm getting headaches now. I am 15 years old. Could it be a brain tumour or something serious or am I stressing too much. Please help me I'm really scared to tell my parents because I don't want to go back to the doctor and get diagnosed with something serious. Do you know of any diseases that cause these symptoms? 

Ps I have my bite out of allignment and have seen on the internet this may cause the headcahes and numbness. I have been grinding my teeth for a few years now both at night and throughout the day.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention my mum gets migraines very often, if this could be linked. And also i get muscle jerks when I am lying down trying to sleep usually.
    • Posted

Jerks when in bed and asleep are normal.

If you have a dog, whatch it when it is asleep, they suffer jerks and actually sometimes look like they are running

With regards your spine while sleeping, if your bed is over ten, twelve years old you may need a new mattress, just a suggestion. I have a disability and I have a Memory Foam mattress, the bed I had before was twenty years old and my Physio advised a new mattress or bed as the bed was causing me quite a few problems.

B.

• Posted

You may be stressed and your GP would need to clarifly that with you.

In our mid teens you will be taking sports and you may have tugged a muscle in your   hand or wrist ,hopfully that will clear. This may be caused by Anxiety 

With regard your ccocyx the pain their could be caused by age underdvelopment and sitting on hard surfaces like wooden seats, Also check your posture not sitting properly may hurt your Tail

With regard your Headaches have you had your eyes checked, The population in the UK get a subsidised eye test once or twice in two years. Discuss that with your Parents the Opticion is a good idea if suffering headaches, You may be ok, although give it a go.Put your mind at rest

B.

• Posted

Hi Joseph...yes the bite out of alignment can the headache, etc. Next, you are too young to be on this medicine...please confide in your parents.

Believe me , you are ok  and nothing bad will happen to you. And the  celexa has a lot of side effects....including what you have..you should have your doctor wean you off slowly...show your parents my answer here;   ask for help-- let them know you are scared...and you'll be ok.

.....take care!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.