Numb hands

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys,

Probably not the right place but as an anxiety sufferer, I thought I'd try here first.

Let's face it, as anxiety sufferers all out other problems seem to stem from it.

"Oh I'm afraid you have aids, but you suffer with anxiety so just try to ignore it and it will go"

(Sense the sarcasm lol)

I'm sure you know where  coming from.

Past few days I've awoken to find both my hands numb, a quick shake and there back to normal.

Anyone else had this?

Is this another one of anxietys billion symptoms?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes possibly, but I had gp do blood work to rule out other issues. Check with your gp to be safe as I recently did also. Good luck I'm fine by the way. It was med issue
    • Posted

I'm not on any mess sad

I had a blood test yesterday and booked in to see doctor today.

I'm gunna ask for an MRI I think.

• Posted

Cheers xD

It seems like everything is going wrong recently.

I got health anxiety.

But, I've got reasons to be anxious when your hands go numb hahah

• Posted

True as it very scary as anxiety affects every part of our body. And gives symptoms of other problems, which must be ruled out. Numb hands isn't funny, as I had numb legs recently, get MRI and rule out everything. You'll feel better as I sure did. I've had so many xrays and blood work, but the good thing is I'm healthy. Anxiety is me for life and I've accepted it. I'm happy but I do get into a tizzy when changing meds. Wish you the best.
  • Posted

I used to think this anxiety thing was the center of my life, because I let it in, opend a door for an unknown reason, then I realized it was a show about nothing, Like the Seinfeld show, it's really about nothing. Nothing that you can identify, that ID is a mystery, something that feels like a monster, but in reality is a clown with a scary painted face. By jumping into a clear blue lake, swimming, floating, that false painted face dissolves into nothing where it came from. Anyway, that's how I see it.
  • Posted

no i suffer from anxiety never had numb hands but i fear things inside me sue
    • Posted

Doctor said my blood tests were fine, it's probably anxiety related.

If it persists come back in a week.

I asked for a full body scan and he laughed at me lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.