Numb ish toes..🙄

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hiya my fine hippies..😁

Just wanted to ask if anyone have had this feeling of numb ish toes, and pins and needles sort of feeling in foot. Had my RTHR last October, been going well but getting this feeling in right foot, had Posterior approach...

just asking for any views and help with this, anyone had similar and if so what was done to help... many thanks in advance..

Stay Safe & Stay Happy

Pete 😊

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi monkeypearl

not had this that i think is related to my THR but I have had it age related, I am 66

• Posted

hi

i had some numbness but i just masaged my calf and feet and it went . . also masage the scar area too . i had mine done a year ago and im so happy i had it done.

take care

• Posted

i had that about 10 weeks or so after surgery. nerve damage doc said . have been onLarricha since then .

• Posted

Hiya, could I ask how did you get on after taking this Larricha 😊

I'm at the doctor's this week and maybe I should ask them about this medication Larricha...

Thanks for your help...

Pete 😁

• Posted

Hi Monkeypearl

I think what rhonda is referring to is Lyrica (a med based on Pregabalin). Used for treatment of pain caused by nerve damage

Have a look online to assess the potential side effects

• Posted

yes sorry it is Lyrics . darn phone . Anyway it helped for sure . And is there not side affects on everything you take now a days . but in have not had one of them and if you do then you see your doctor . I hope everything works out for you . Keep is posted

• Posted

Hi rhonda ... many thanks for your reply, as you say what doesn't have side effects these days πŸ™„ Unfortunately I have to take about 5 different medications in the morning, another 8 - 10 painkillers during the day, so another one to add to the list..😊 I'm at Doc's later this week so I'll have a chat with them...😁

Thanks again for your help..

Pete...

• Posted

Hi Monkeypearl

Don't despair. I had my RTHR 16 months ago (posterior approach) and suffered with pins and needles/numbness in my operated leg and foot more or less constantly for the first 6 months. As I became more active and fitter the incidence of the numbness reduced until it was only occasional and very weak.

Even at this date post op, I still very occasionally have some slight sensations of pins and needles. It doesn't bother me and I'm fairly confident it will go completely once I get back into my cycling more regularly (winter months are always problematic for exercise).

I'm sure it derives from the overall trauma (nerve and muscle) caused by the operation.

Hang on in there and be positive

• Posted

I'm eight weeks post on my right leg, one year post on my left. Recovery of the left hip went well and other than some swelling I really didn't experience problems; was completely off pain meds after the first month.

Whole new ballgame on the right hip. The first few weeks went well until I began feeling numbness in my foot and leg. My physical therapist advised me to see a doctor who specialized in spine issues, which I did. My hip surgeon has basically signed off on responsibility. My insurance company won't approve an MRI until I've completed six more weeks of PT. FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY

• Posted

Hiya Kim .Sounds like ya been let down by the surgeon big time, I get very sharp pains from my lower back down the right leg, even sleeping gets me going early hours, the numbness in my right foot comes and goes, heat patch on lower back helps.

I'm at doctors later this week, I'll be asking her where we go from here, try get to pain clinic again i was there couple years back, ended up with some kine of injections in lower back, then sent me for some acupuncture..πŸ™„ that was strange and to he honest did nothing for the pain...Good wishes to all and hope we can all live a pain free life..😊

Stay Safe & Stay Happy..

Pete

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.