Numb Lip

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have anyone experiencing what I am after a lip biopsy. Bottom lip numb tingling burning sensations. I had my lip biopsy April 18 2018 and my bottom lip is still numb. My ENT surgeon said this doesn't suppose to happen but my PCP said this will stay numb for 5 months to a yr. I don't know who to believe. All I know is this feels very permanent

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your PCP is correct. Your ENT gave you wrong information. I'm afraid not all doctors are honest with their patients. You need to stay calm and wait this one out. It won't last for ever. It will gradually ease off over the next few months.

• Posted

Hi I had my lip biopsey done last year. Fortunately I don't have this problem. I was told it could hapened so was glad it went well. I think I remember them saying in some cases it may be temporary but if your not happy, i should go back and have a word with doctor and get booked in with them again. Helps to find out what's going on. I hope you resolve this 🙂

• Posted

Vette you need to stay calm. It's only been one month. As others have said, in time this should resolve. 

I don't have any experience with a lip biopsy however every other surgical site where I have had numbness after surgery, the numbness has either completely resolved or significantly resolved in time. 

I realise that a numb lip could make it difficult for drinking warm/hot liquids and you need to be careful about that. It may even make speech difficult as you feel you have no control of your lip.

We had a dear friend who became an incomplete quadriplegic with only a tiny bit of feeling in one finger of each hand but he learnt to hold his cup for drinking and knife and fork for eating. He was amazing!

You can do it Vette!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.