Numb tongue, lips and sleep deprived

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello people!

I’m getting bad symptoms such as tingling and numb tongue and a numb bottom lip (especially when I’m in bed at night) which I never had before I started on Sertraline, anyone else experienced this? Also, my sleep is so up and down and I can’t cope today after only having three hours last night😢x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Belle. Yes I've had those sensations too....my tongue can also be sore or feel like it's burning. It comes and goes. I haven't had it today but was really aware of it yesterday. I read some posts that discussed this and it is said to pass after a while. Today's side effects for me have been bad dizzy spells and indigestion. 10 weeks in and now on 125mg. Hoping to feel normal again really soon. 

• Posted

I really hope it goes away soon! It seems to be getting worse especially when I lay down in bed, my doctor said it wasn’t normal but she’s ringing me again on Friday..what was your starting dose please Gabrielle? I luckily haven’t suffered with indigestion *touch wood* but I get dizziness every single day😣x

• Posted

Hi belle. Sorry for delay in reply. I spoke to my mental health nurse today and mentioned the burning sensations and she said that can happen and it will pass but could take 4 to 5 weeks.
  • Posted

No problem Gabrielle! Oh no that’s a bit annoying😔mine comes and goes so it’s not constant it is noticeable though..can I ask please, after how long did you increase your dose?x

• Posted

Thought I was doing okay then bam! Last night I woke up at 1am after being asleep for an hour and a half with the worst anxiety and I’m now at work with only having had three hours sleep and I feel so jittery and dizzy, my legs ache and I’m so tired😔how’re you doing?xx

• Posted

I increased to 150mg yesterday after being on 125mg for 3 1/2 weeks. I had been staring to feel a little less jittery and then on Thursday I felt like I landed back at square one. Mental health nurse told me yesterday that most people with anxiety don't feel much improvement until they reach 150mg. I've also been bombarded with migraines for nearly 2 weeks and have had to take sumatriptan. My stomach does not appreciate being filled with tablets constantly.  😔

• Posted

Oh No, hope your shift goes fast. Are you still on 25mg? I'm doing loads better now, it's taken 7 weeks on 50mg though yo feel this way x

• Posted

Yeah I’m still on 25mg, it’s only a baby dose but I’m scared to go up to 50mg😔x

• Posted

It is scary, everything about it is scary. Some people do say that 25mg can work but my gp convinced me to go up to 50mg as she said it would work loads better, I did feel rubbish for a couple of weeks again though xx
    • Posted

How long did you take 25mg for and when did you go up to 50mg darling?xx
    • Posted

I took 25mg for 2 and a half weeks, been taking 50mg for just over 7 weeks. As hard as it was in really glad I did x
  • Posted

Hiya guys, ive just started sertraline 100mg am on day 5 , i too have noticed my tongue is feeling very strange and sore bit like a tongue cramp and feels burnt , sleep again same is up and down last night did not get to sleep till early hours , have felt quite agitated and tensed up last few days but today i feel like my usual self before i started the medication only thing ive noticed is not being bothered or stressed about things i need to do and not rushing around as much as i usually do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.