numbing tingling

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

I am a 21 year old female. I have been getting weird tingling in my hands and fingers right side of arm and numbing in both ankles. It feels like it spreads to my legs and like its locking them in place. Its ver scary and annoying. I have been to a rheumatologist and said everything is fine. No diabetes. I do have anxiety and so on. Has anyonr experienced this ?

Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I did a google search using these words: tingling in limbs feeling of locking

And found a list of conditions which could include these symptoms.  Polymyalgia was not on that list.  I hope you can find some answers soon.

• Posted

I don't think k67689 suggested she had polymyalgia, this is the neurological disorders board. 

• Posted

Yes im sorry if i wasnt clear enough. I just have been having this pins and needles and its spreading to my face and im scared.
    • Posted

It's been moved ptolemy - it did appear in the PMR board originally.

• Posted

That's right, I wouldn't have seen the post otherwise. 

• Posted

Whatever it is you have it is very unlikely to be polymyalgia rheumatica as all the patients on here are old enough to be your grandparents - it is a disease of the elderly (well, over 50 at least!).

As Anhaga says - could be a lot of things and isn't PMR so you can rule that out. Hope you get an answer - though I'd have thought a neurologist might be more helpful than a rheumatologist.

• Posted

Im sorry if i wasnt clear. I just tought i could find answers here.
    • Posted

I hope you do get some answers soon.  Good luck!
  • Posted

How is your Vit D level and have you had glandular fever in the past? I'm not a doctor but tingling hands and feet combined with the above risk factors if you've had them, also being young and female, I would suggest you go back to your local doctor and ask to be tested for multiple sclerosis. Have you had an MRI?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.