Numbing/Tingling/Stiffness after Bunion Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I'm almost 5 weeks post bunion surgery and I'm experiencing tingling and numbness in my toes. The big toe is still numb and also the area under my other toes feel numb/tight particularly when I elevate my foot. Has anyone else experienced this? My big toe is still pretty stiff and also the top of my bunion hurts. I try to do some manual toe stretches and toe pulls but the area still hurts. I've transitioned from my orthopaedic boot to wide feet sneakers but because my foot is still swollen it does get uncomfortable after a few minutes.

I find it difficult to place my feet on the ground and walk normally partially because I'm not getting much sensation from my toes other than the tingling. Sorry my post is a bit long. I'd appreciate any advice at this point. Thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

yes...totally experienced the numbing tingling almost electrical shock sensation, too. you post was 5 weeks ago, so you're at about ten weeks now. ill be at Week 11 this Tuesday. How are you doing? im still in pain, swollen and cranky.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.