Numbness?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a new user. I started Celexa about 3 weeks ago. 3 days of 10mg then to 20mg. 20 mg made me jittery really bad. So, Dr. dropped me down to 5mg for 7 days then to 10mg for 7 days. I am about day 6 now on 10mg and I have numbness in my body in the early morning and sometimes lip sensations. Also some hot flashes. (I'm a guy, so it's not the change!)

Anyone have lip sensations?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Videoshooter,

I'll be completely honest, it sounds like we are on the EXACT SAME PATH here. I started my Citalopram 3 weeks ago as well (20 mg but was just reduced to 10 mg yesterday). Two nights ago I woke up with hot flashes 3 times and a tingling sensation in my lips. Never having a hot flash before I thought there was something seriously wrong with me as my entire body was burning and my heart was racing. In speaking with my doctor, she reduced my dose to 10 mg and I had a better night sleep last night although I was completed spun still from the hot flash episodes.

Apparently this is a relatively common (although terrifying) side effect of the medication and it is supposed to alleviate after about 4-6 weeks when the drug is working properly.

Apart from that episode I do feel that my energy is better and I am in better spirits overall.

Good luck with your journey and all the best!

Matt

• Posted

Wow! Thanks! Yeah, I have come this far, so I'm trying to hang in there. Nice to know I'm not the only one!

• Posted

This whole Citalopram experience has been a bit anxious personally. I'm on it for depression, then I get those hot flashes which are new to me, then I get more depressed as a result of feeling worse.... and down the rabbit hole I go....

I keep reassuring myself that I am an otherwise healthy individual but it is hard when you feel like garbage!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

• Posted

Hey!

I'm also a male. I was the same when I started this drug at 10mg then My doc reduced me to 5 mg for a week then back up to 10mg and I recovered.

That process really was scary with the hot flashes and numbness. I was ready to be committed. It was a roller coaster ride for a few months. You can PM if you want more info. It is the med adjusting. 😃

Will

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.