Numbness

Posted , 5 users are following.

My outer left leg has been going numb and a bit painful with burning sensation for the last two weeks.  My left foot feels like its burning hot, but when I touch it it is normal.  I also get pins and needles in my leg.  Can anybody tell my what it could be pls

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This does sound like a nerve disorder of some kind, a pins and needles sensation quite often points to a nerve matter and so does numbness. I would suggest you see a doctor ASAP whom may refer you to a Consultant Neurologist, they would do various tests.

I suffer from pins and needles and cramps in my legs, but at the moment it is not known what is causing it, since I need to see a my Neurologist. I got an appointment booked but the wait is over a month away.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

i get that normaly passes when rubbed with magneisum spray
    • Posted

Thanks tina, I'll try the magnesium spray. I heard its a good product.
  • Posted

Depending on where the pain & burning sensation is this could easily be sciatica, which can be fixed by an appointment or two with a chiropractor or osteopath.  I have had this in the past with acute pain in buttocks and down the leg(s) and burning sensation/pins and needles in my feet.  If it IS this, it is caused by a trapped nerve.

James

• Posted

My toe tips go white too and I can't feel them at times sometimes I can't feel my finger ends. I haven't had this in a good while now fingers crossed I just put mine down to fibro but at the time it was very disconcerting because it was weird how it came on as fast as it disappeared. I have four different conditions so sometimes I have no idea which one it is at any one time .
    • Posted

Hi James.  I got exactly the same thing.  My upper outer leg has got a spot thats numb and hurst a little during the day.  My my feet got the burning sensation and even under my toes.  Its the weirdest thing ever.
  • Posted

I get this I get burning on my right shin I get this all time it just comes on the more I rub it the worse it gets , keep imagine it's just going to internally combust lol. . I just have to wait for it to go on it's own.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.