Numbness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies do any of you get numbness in your hands legs arms and face. last night I had it in my face  it went down to neck also.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had numbness legs arms feet face , continually . Stopped once I was given thyroid replacement along with a multitude of awful symptoms . This is why I pop up now and again with info about thyroid under diagnosis and misdiagnosis and unreliable blood tests . I know from personal experience and a lot of research thyroid disease is dismissed because GP s and endos rely solely on blood tests , even if a patient is proved to have hypothyroidism they are often under prescribed or given the wrong thyroid replacement hormone for their personal needs . It is not just a case of doling out thyroxine which is the usual remedy . Some people will never be well on thyroxine( T4)  as they don't convert to the active hormone trithyrononine T3 ) also others need a combination of T4 +  T3  or T3 only or in some cases natural desiccated thyroid is the answer!!! 
    • Posted

Hi sylvia I am curently taking levythyroxine at 100 microgrammes a day. Im due to go for a thyroid test so will see what that comes back at, I will also have a word with my gp when I see her. Thank you for sharing your experience and the infosmile gentle hugs take care
  • Posted

I dont exactly get numbness, I do get a 'dead' arm, which makes it feel like lead and it isn't able to lift on its own.  I have a patch on the outside edge of each knee which has a loss of sensation when touched but at the same time feels like its been burned or grazed and is painful, very odd feeling indeed.

Just been reading up about Vit B12 deficiency and numbness, particularly in feet or legs is a distinct sign of this.  Have you had your B12 level tested at all?

• Posted

Hi loxie I havnt had my B12 levels tested, I will have a word with my gp This numbness Ive had in my legs arms hands, then last night it was my face right down to my neck. It wasnt a nice feeling to have. My left leg goes like its a ton weight, just recently Ive been having to drag it put all my weight on my right leg.neutral the different symptoms are never ending with fibro take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

i've just sent  you a link Kaz to an article from Harvard about B12 deficiency.  It's quite interesting.  Fatigue and memory issues are also symptoms.  I've been online and bought sub lingual B12 supplement - methylcobalamin is the one to get.  Recommended dose level was 1000mcg.  Avoid Cyanocobalamin - it contains cyanide and is no longer the best option (its the cheaper option however) and stick with sublingual rather than digested (swallowed), or go for slow release patches or injections (the latter via your GP referral).  Hope that helps
  • Posted

I have had numbness in my left foot for about a week now. It's not a good feeling. Has anyone else had numbness for a week or so?

Thanks

• Posted

Ive still got it in my left foot leg its driving me mad the numbness that was in my face last night has gone. firo symptoms vary to how long they last. hope the numbness soon wares offrolleyes take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.